round 1

So I am new to the forum and playing the waiting game. I am newly diagnosed with PCOS and started medication a couple of weeks ago. My side effects havent been terrible but considering I conceived my first child naturally this is a little overwhelming. I have an appt first week of november to see if this first round worked but I experienced inappropriate bleeding after provera, and longer AF. So I am trying not to get my hopes up on the first round. I am just nervous that the side effects will intensify as we up the dosage.

[QUOTE=SouthernBelleNette]So I am new to the forum and playing the waiting game. I am newly diagnosed with PCOS and started medication a couple of weeks ago. My side effects havent been terrible but considering I conceived my first child naturally this is a little overwhelming. I have an appt first week of november to see if this first round worked but I experienced inappropriate bleeding after provera, and longer AF. So I am trying not to get my hopes up on the first round. I am just nervous that the side effects will intensify as we up the dosage.[/QUOTE]

hello there! i am on my first cycle of clomid, too – finishing up my pills tonight. i am on 100 mg as a first timer and haven’t had any side effects (that i can discern, anyway), so i think it really is going to vary person to person.

:cross: that this cycle is the one for you~

I had horrible side effects so I too was concerned about them getting worse with a higher dose. That was not the case though for me. The side effects seemed about the same or maybe even less since I knew what to expect the second time around.

update

So I went to my appointment and I was hopeful that it would yield some good news, it didnt. I didnt ovulate which I was suprised to learn because I used a OK and thought I had positive results. So we doubled my dose and on the fifth day I started bleeding. Called the nurse and she said it probably still wasnt at a therapeutic level and we would have to wait until next cycle to increase it yet again. I am trying not to get frustrated because I know there are people who have been ttc longer than we have but its hard. :grr: