?'s about E2, P4, & Lining Thickness

Hi Ladies,

So many of you are so knowledgeable in the language of IVF, and its all foreign to me even though this is my 3rd cycle! Can anyone give me any insight into understanding E2, P4, and lining thickness? My RE’s office gave me a copy of my IVF #2 cycle progress and I’m trying to sort out if I was progressing well and if my levels were appropriate at trigger.

[quote=HopefulCanuck]Hi Ladies,

So many of you are so knowledgeable in the language of IVF, and its all foreign to me even though this is my 3rd cycle! Can anyone give me any insight into understanding E2, P4, and lining thickness? My RE’s office gave me a copy of my IVF #2 cycle progress and I’m trying to sort out if I was progressing well and if my levels were appropriate at trigger.

The E2 level does not matter much, as long as it was enough to thicken the endometrium and to reflect adequate follicular development. Almost everyone has much more than enough E2.

The P4 level should be less than 1.0 to 1.5 ng/ml (3 to 5 nmol/l). Opinions vary a bit on the limit for that one.

Endometrial thickness should be at least 8mm, preferably more than 9mm.

thank you

[quote=Ghost]The E2 level does not matter much, as long as it was enough to thicken the endometrium and to reflect adequate follicular development. Almost everyone has much more than enough E2.

The P4 level should be less than 1.0 to 1.5 ng/ml (3 to 5 nmol/l). Opinions vary a bit on the limit for that one.

Endometrial thickness should be at least 8mm, preferably more than 9mm.[/quote]

Thanks Ghost, my P4 was 1.54 and endo lining was 10mm, so I guess everything was on track but it just didn’t take, hopefully I have better luck this time! :cross: :pray: