Scheduling an ultrasound out of town?

I just got a positive beta (yay!) and will be out of town when I’m supposed to have my first ultrasound. I’m going to a very small town, and the only RE there isn’t available during the week I’ll be there. His receptionist said most women have their first ultrasounds done at the hospital.

Gotta be honest, my only experience with getting into a hospital is either through the ER or being admitted for surgery. Can you really just make an appointment with a hospital for an ultrasound? Don’t I need to make the appointment with a doctor’s office to do the ultrasound?

This is very confusing…any help would be greatly appreciated!!

[quote=happybarreness]I just got a positive beta (yay!) and will be out of town when I’m supposed to have my first ultrasound. I’m going to a very small town, and the only RE there isn’t available during the week I’ll be there. His receptionist said most women have their first ultrasounds done at the hospital.

Gotta be honest, my only experience with getting into a hospital is either through the ER or being admitted for surgery. Can you really just make an appointment with a hospital for an ultrasound? Don’t I need to make the appointment with a doctor’s office to do the ultrasound?

This is very confusing…any help would be greatly appreciated!![/quote]

Get the contact information of the local hospital and have your RE schedule the u/s for you…I can’t see why that shouldn’t work. Good luck!

Yep I would have your RE schedule it. Unless there’s any chance your RE can do it early before you leave?

My US are done at the hospital…not in my OB office

You can definitely have your u/s done at the hospital as long as you have an order from the doctor or the doctor calls it in. They will send the reults to the ordering doctor. By the way congrats on your :bfp:

Thanks for the input! Perfect idea to have my RE order the ultrasound.