SCSA test

My RE has recommended a SCSA test for my husband. Has anyone had this test before and did it help in the diagnosis of infertility.
Thank you

This test is very valuable! It will tell you what percentage of your dh’s sperm has high DNA fragmentation. If the results show a DNA Fragmentation Index (DFI) greater than 30%, the probability for a successful pregnancy is significantly reduced. Sperm with high fragmentation will either not fertilize…or…fertilize and end in miscarriage.

There are some vitamins and supplements that may help with sperm fragmentation but nothing is a total fix. If you do get poor results, donor sperm is what RE’s recommend.

My dh has this test scheduled for Thursday, so keep me updated on what you decide.

OMH-
We were looking into the SCSA test on the advice of my husband’s urologist. He still has low numbers more than a year after his vasectomy reversal and he is older.

I’m attaching the link to the lab that does the testing:
SCSA Diagnostics :: Patients

The previous poster summed it up well when she said that the idea is to look at the fragmentation rate of the sperm. As a rule, the older a guy is, the longer his sperm have been dividing, which means they can be damaged.

I put my dh (and I) on Royal Jelly with Bee Pollen in Honey (1Tbs in the am and 1 in the pm). We also took CoQ10, B complex, fish oil and multivitamins. We decided to try a round of IVF with ICSI first because we had an opportunity to do it for free through a study. If this round doesn’t work out, we will go for the test. Right now, we have 3 5-day blasts on ice.

thank you

thank you for your replies.
RadnorGal- sorry for your recent loss.:grouphug: I am going to order the test on line probably next week. good luck on your results.

angelique- Thanks for the website. I called them and will be ordering it next week. My husband does some traveling for work so I need to coordinate the time frame. I also started taking royal jelly, maybe I will have my husband take it as well. It tastes so bad, right? good luck to you on your cycle. That is awesone that you have 3-5 day blasts on ice. We are self pay and between 1 1/2 IUI and 2 IVF, plus meds–which this last cycle cost us $7000 we spent a lot of money. It sucks being self pay but it is completely worth the end result. Keep me posted

AFM- we just failed our second IVF cycle:grr: and we are doing another layer of testing.
My RE wants to rule out thrombophilia in me and sperm fragmentation in my husband. We also have an urologist appointment in a few weeks.Who ever thought that getting pregnant would be so hard.

[quote=OMH]thank you for your replies.
RadnorGal- sorry for your recent loss.:grouphug: I am going to order the test on line probably next week. good luck on your results.

angelique- Thanks for the website. I called them and will be ordering it next week. My husband does some traveling for work so I need to coordinate the time frame. I also started taking royal jelly, maybe I will have my husband take it as well. It tastes so bad, right? good luck to you on your cycle. That is awesone that you have 3-5 day blasts on ice. We are self pay and between 1 1/2 IUI and 2 IVF, plus meds–which this last cycle cost us $7000 we spent a lot of money. It sucks being self pay but it is completely worth the end result. Keep me posted

AFM- we just failed our second IVF cycle:grr: and we are doing another layer of testing.
My RE wants to rule out thrombophilia in me and sperm fragmentation in my husband. We also have an urologist appointment in a few weeks.Who ever thought that getting pregnant would be so hard.[/quote]

OMH- If it tastes bad, you’ve got the wrong thing!! Make sure it is Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen in [B]Honey![/B] It tastes yummy!

Thanks for the :cheer: on my embryos!!

angelique-thanks for the picture. I have royal jelly in honey. It looks like a different brand.
can you tell me the ingredients in your?
mine has- royal jelly, bee pollen, bee propolis, eleuthero, koren ginseng, raw honey.
I think it should be the same thing.
Have a good day.