Semen Analysis~Help!

[B]Semen Analysis~HELP![/B]OB said results were normal and no concerns. Just received a copy as we are sending it off to RE and waiting to hear what he has to say. In the meantime, wondering if anyone could clue me in to what all of this means! Thanks!

Macroscopic:
Volume 1.25 mL - abnormal
Viscosity - normal
pH 7.6

Microscopic:
Concentration 144.5
Overall Motility 68.1 %
Progressive Motility 3
Total Sperm Count 180.6

Accuracy Q.C.:
Count 1:
Motile 99
Non motile 45
Total 144
Motility 68.7

Morphology: (all in abnormal column)
Normal Spermatozoa 6%
" " w/ head defects 82
" " midpiece defects 9
" " with tail defects 3

Macroscopic:
Volume 1.25 mL - abnormal…>[COLOR=“DarkRed”]Normal ejaculate volume is between 2 and 6 ml
Viscosity - normal…[COLOR=“darkred”]That is normal
pH 7.6 [COLOR=“darkred”]The pH is normal

Microscopic:
Concentration 144.5 looks great to me
Overall Motility 68.1 % [COLOR=“darkred”]that looks great as they like to see 50% or higher
Progressive Motility 3 [COLOR=“darkred”]really great
Total Sperm Count 180.6

Accuracy Q.C.:
Count 1:
Motile 99
Non motile 45
Total 144
Motility 68.7 [COLOR=“darkred”]still great

Morphology: (all in abnormal column) [COLOR=“darkred”]Now the the morphology that is abnormal for sure. They like to see 30% and they got as Normal is 6% so that is very low
Normal Spermatozoa 6%
" " w/ head defects 82
" " midpiece defects 9
" " with tail defects 3

If you don’t have your DH on a men vitamins put him on it as it may help. If your man been taking hot showers stop him as it will cause them to be abnormal for sure. Make sure he is drinking plenty of water, no hot showers, keep twins cool, get him on vitmains. Now on the volume what can cause that to be low is it he’s not drinking enough water… My DH use to have abnormal morph but he changed his diet an all an now they’re all normal.

Good Luck… Hope this has been some help too you. :paw:

Here is 2 links that may help also.
Arizona Andrology Laboratory and CryoBank: Complete Semen Analysis

SEMEN ANALYSIS

If your lab used the Kruger strict to test morph it’s fine, not perfect, but you’ll be able to get pregnant with it. If they used World Health Organization (WHO) standards then it’s low. My DH’s was with Kruger and 8%, normal.

Everything else is great! It does say volume (how much released) is abnormal, but many RE’s like to see at least 1 mL. It could be better, but it’s doable!