Semen Analysis result question

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I would appreciated if anyone can explain the semen analysis below. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=6][U]INITIAL ASSESSMENT[/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Volume: 2.6 ml - [I]normal range[/I] > 1.5 ml[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Viscosity: +/-[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]pH: 8 [I]normal range[/I] > 7.2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]concentration: 20x 10[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6[/SIZE][SIZE=3] /ml [I]normal range[/I] : >15x 10[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6[/SIZE][SIZE=3] /ml[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]total number per Ejaculation : 52 x 10[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6 [/SIZE][SIZE=3][I]normal range[/I]: >39 x 10[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]% Mobility: 50% [I]normal range[/I]: > 40%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]A: 15% b: 20% c: 15% d:50%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Progressive Mobility (a+b): 35% [I]normal range[/I]:>32%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Progression: 2-3 /4 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]% Abnormals: 97% [I]normal range[/I]: <96%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Debris: Normal[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Cells: <1 x 10[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6[/SIZE][SIZE=3] /ml [I]normal range[/I]: < 1 x 10[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6[/SIZE][SIZE=3]/ml [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Agglutination: Normal[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]MAR (lgG): Negative %binding - [I]normal range[/I]: <50% binding[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]MAR (lgA): Negative %binding - [I]normal range[/I]: <50% binding[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]======================================================.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Preparation: Concentration: x 10[/SIZE][SIZE=2]0[/SIZE][SIZE=3] /ml Mobility: % Progression: /4[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]24 Hour Survival: Mobility: % Progression: /4[/SIZE][/FONT]

Overall looks pretty good.

that is mean it is more than 20 million?

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=“Helvetica”,“sans-serif”]musicgal,[/FONT][FONT=“Helvetica”,“sans-serif”][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=“Helvetica”,“sans-serif”]what about sperm count that we usuallyhear about ? is it the concentration bit ([/FONT][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]20x 10[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6[/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri] /ml [/FONT][I][FONT=Calibri]normal range[/FONT][/I][FONT=Calibri]: >15x 10[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Calibri]6[/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] /ml) ? if it is,I heard that it should be more than 20 million. Is that what 15 x 10[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6 equals to?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes, the normal range shown on there is equal to 15 million. Your sample showed 20 million.

Everything looks like you’re in range with everything (volume, counts, motility) except this line:

[/QUOTE][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]% Abnormals: 97% [I]normal range[/I]: <96%[/SIZE][/FONT] [QUOTE]

This line of data suggests that 97% of your sperm are abnormal. I’m assuming this is related to morphology (the size and shape of sperm). If you have poor morphology, the sperm can create a normal embryo, but they don’t function normally and are unable to penetrate an egg to fertilize it. The only and best way around poor morphology is IVF with ICSI (where sperm are manually injected into the egg in the lab).

However, the line also suggests that having up to 96% abnormal sperm is considered “normal,” a number you’re fairly close to. I’d check with your urologist or RE about this.
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]