Severe cramping after Trigger shot?

Hoping for some advice…new to all of this. I had a trigger shot on CD 11 (last Wed) after provera/clomid - currently CD 15. That night I only had 1 episode of severe nausea. The next day a horrible Headache and cramping - the cramping was REALLY severe through mid-today. Could this be the little bean sticking - or is it more likely the medicine? Certain foods are also making me have really bad nausea which is weird.
I don’t want to overthink this but it is so hard not too. I go in friday for blood work to see if I really did ovulate.

2 questions:
When can I test to see if :bfp: ? Don’t want to test too soon and get a false positive.
Is what I am feeling normal for side effects of the shot? Or could it be implantation of the sticky bean?

Thank you all ladies for you help. I really appreciate a forum like this. All my family members sneeze and become pregnant and when it is time to deliver they like cough and the perfect kid comes out. I love them all but it is really hard and feel like I can’t talk with any of them. Kinda feel alone in all this - despite my amazing husbands support - I need some ladies support. :slight_smile:

So you are doing IUI? - if so, i can’t be much help. Although after my IVF transfer, I cramped quite a lot - very different from my first cycle and it ended up implanting. Hope this is the case for you. Take good care of yourself. I tried hard to stay away from testing myself, I know it is hard to wait it out…be patient.

[QUOTE=ashaz]Hoping for some advice…new to all of this. I had a trigger shot on CD 11 (last Wed) after provera/clomid - currently CD 15. That night I only had 1 episode of severe nausea. The next day a horrible Headache and cramping - the cramping was REALLY severe through mid-today. Could this be the little bean sticking - or is it more likely the medicine? Certain foods are also making me have really bad nausea which is weird.
I don’t want to overthink this but it is so hard not too. I go in friday for blood work to see if I really did ovulate.

2 questions:
When can I test to see if :bfp: ? Don’t want to test too soon and get a false positive.
Is what I am feeling normal for side effects of the shot? Or could it be implantation of the sticky bean?

Thank you all ladies for you help. I really appreciate a forum like this. All my family members sneeze and become pregnant and when it is time to deliver they like cough and the perfect kid comes out. I love them all but it is really hard and feel like I can’t talk with any of them. Kinda feel alone in all this - despite my amazing husbands support - I need some ladies support. :)[/QUOTE]

since it was so soon after the shot that you had the cramping it could be the shot. BUT, i cramped a lot after my shot and then it went away. 6 or 7 days after ovulation the cramps came back. it WAS implantation!! so who knows? The cramps never really fully stopped. even now at 9 weeks. as far as POAS, I was way to scared too!! I had a beta done at 12dpo. i think it would be FAIRLY accurate then but I’m not too sure. best of luck!

36 hours after your trigger shot, your eggs are released. Then it takes 1 day for the egg and sperm to fertilize and another 4 days for the cells to grow and 1 day for the embryo to hatch out of its shell. So overall it takes 5 days after fertilization for the embryos to grow and hatch. The implantation starts 6 days after fertilization and takes 3 days to complete. HCG starts entering the bloodstream at about 10 days after fertilization. You can see here:

What Happens After an Embryo Transfer? | NYU Fertility Center

Most probably what you were feeling was your eggs being released from your ovaries. The first time I used trigger shot (with clomid) I bled around ovulation it was so painful.

I had my trigger CD13 and 14-16 I had lots of cramping and pain. After that it just went away so I think it was me ovulating. I’m not on clomid this cycle but as you can see by my sig. I have taken it lots. Clomid always made me crampy and nauseous. I had the same symptoms on it if I did get pregnant or didn’t so its hard to say. This early i say its just the med’s messing with you. Good luck:cross:

Thanks everyone. The cramping has gone away and the bloating is in better control to. Still pretty bad nausea thought. Glad b/c not in pain - but it is hard to know that something (the med) can play such an evil trick on you. I am going to keep my head up and continue to :pray: for a :bfp: ! They say positive attitudes and decreased stress can help - right?!?!

Hopefully will find out more this Friday whether I truely ovulated and then we will know what to do next.