Shared Cycle IVF

Hey ladies!
Has anyone here ever done a shared cycle IVF as either the donor or recipient? My hubby and I are seriously considering this (with me being the donor) and I would love to hear from people who have experience with it so I can have an idea of what to expect.
Thanks in advance!

I have done 2 shared cycles, what do you want to know? Where are you thinking of doing yours at? :slight_smile: I was the donor for both

Jerseygyrl73- Thank you so much for responding! I’m doing my cycles at Houston Fertility Institute. They haven’t done a shared cycle before but my doctor is very open to it if their board ok’s it.
How quickly were you matched to a recipient and how long did it take to sync your cycles?
Is the process any different being a donor (additional bloodwork, etc) than a regular cycle?
How many follicles/mature eggs did you produce?
How did they split the costs?
Thank you again for answering my questions!

Check out the website for CNY fertility in NY. They have different price and expenses list. They told me they have donors who do this to pay for the majority of their own cycle.

[QUOTE=SweetyKitty]Jerseygyrl73- Thank you so much for responding! I’m doing my cycles at Houston Fertility Institute. They haven’t done a shared cycle before but my doctor is very open to it if their board ok’s it.
How quickly were you matched to a recipient and how long did it take to sync your cycles?
Is the process any different being a donor (additional bloodwork, etc) than a regular cycle?
How many follicles/mature eggs did you produce?
How did they split the costs?
Thank you again for answering my questions![/QUOTE]

Hi Sweet: Have you looked at any of the other RE’s in H-town? I’m in the area and my RE does a lot of shared cycles…

Are you seeing Dr. Gill?

Feel free to pm if you want more info…

Good luck!

Bree

I don’t know about the whole shared cycle, but I always thought it seemed like a great idea for getting some of the expenses covered!

Just wanted to say that I also go to Houston Fertility Institute and absolutely love it!! Dr. Gill has been my RE for almost 5 years now and I have total faith in him. We were supposed to be cycling for number two this month, but just got postponed at my baseline appointment.

Good luck to you!