Should I continue with this cycle?

24 yrs old

Have 4 mature follicles, 1 possibly too big at 35 mm.

Would you go ahead with the cycle? I don’t know what to do. I didn’t quite expect this response to my first month of Clomid.

That’s a lot of follicles for a 24 year old. I don’t know that I’d go forward – or maybe you could go forward without doing a trigger shot?

[QUOTE=essemkay]That’s a lot of follicles for a 24 year old. I don’t know that I’d go forward – or maybe you could go forward without doing a trigger shot?[/QUOTE]

They suggested triggering tonight, but I just got a positive opk. I’m not sure how they’ll proceed with that. My doctor’s going to look over everything with my bloodwork and get back to me.

I’m ok with twins but anything more scares me to pieces.

So if I don’t do the trigger, will just one follicle release?

[quote=prinny]So if I don’t do the trigger, will just one follicle release?[/quote]Theoretically. But I don’t know what that pesky 35mm hanging in there. I guess I’d go with your doctor’s recommendations and what you feel comfortable with. Since all you’ve done is clomid, it’s not like you have too much $ invested in this cycle (although I know any delay feels like a lifetime!). Good luck!

Prinny - Good luck with your decision! I’d suggest a trigger shot and timed intercourse.

Thank you!

I think we’re going to do the IUI without trigger. My nurse wasn’t really helpful, just said it didn’t matter which I did but that I didn’t have to do the trigger now that I got the positive OPK but I still could do the trigger.

My doctor seems to think the 35mm may have already ruptured and we’re just focusing on the 3 on the right. I’m guessing they’re not too concerned with the number since we also have a male factor.

Just when you think your fertility issues can’t get anymore complicated :slight_smile: