Side Effects from Follistim?

I started my stims. I started with my first injection yesterday it wasn’t as bad as i thought. My doctor prescribed 300 of follistim and low dose HCG. Has anyone had insomnia with their injection? I woke up at least 5 times last night hot and threw off my covers, then i woke up cold, pulled up the covers. This is a really annoying side affect to say the least.

I will be stimming in sept/oct to oct/nov on 375 of follistim, so any additional info on side effects are welcome!

I had insomnia with Lupron (& moodiness and headaches) which I started first, by the time I started Follistim, I’m not sure if there was any new side effects or just an exaggeration of the Lupron ones. Since we only stim for less than 2 weeks the side effects are manageable since there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I started PIO IM injections tonight, and I’m not looking forward to those side effects because they mimic early pregnancy symptoms and they mess with your head!!

Last night was much better than the night before. I just woke up once which is normal for me. No headache this morning and no hot and cold through the night. I guess my body got use to it. Also yesterday I kept drinking water. Every 45 min to and hour I drank a cup of water.

[QUOTE=HopefulCanuck;n2595444]I had insomnia with Lupron (& moodiness and headaches) which I started first, by the time I started Follistim, I’m not sure if there was any new side effects or just an exaggeration of the Lupron ones. Since we only stim for less than 2 weeks the side effects are manageable since there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I started PIO IM injections tonight, and I’m not looking forward to those side effects because they mimic early pregnancy symptoms and they mess with your head!![/QUOTE] I will be on leupride ( micro dose lupron) so,I am hoping those effects won’t be so bad. Anyone know if tablet progesterone give the same side effects as PIO?

I start my Stims today… 150 follistim and 150 menopur! I was wondering of what to expect side effect wise also!!! R u guys doing Iui or ivf?

I spoke too soon! Day 3 of stims, I went to bed at 10pm woke up hot, at 11:50, 1:50am, 4am then finally got up at 6. Good thing I only have to do this for a few days more. I’m doing half and ivf, egg freezing only.

I spoke too soon! Day 3 of stims, I went to bed at 10pm woke up hot, at 11:50, 1:50am, 4am then finally got up at 6. Good thing I only have to do this for a few days more. I’m doing half and ivf, egg freezing only.

[FONT=arial]I have used Follistim quite a bit, and I definitely experienced insomnia. That really was the only ill effect I’ve ever had. HCG made me hungry all the time until it got out of my system.[/FONT]

Test post.

[QUOTE=Nikim02;n2595912]I start my Stims today… 150 follistim and 150 menopur! I was wondering of what to expect side effect wise also!!! R u guys doing Iui or ivf?[/QUOTE] I will be doing ivf

Went in for my day 4 ultra sound. looks like 6( 3 > 10mm and 3 around 9mm) growing on my right and 5(3 > 10 mm and 2 around 8) on my left. I asked about the insomnia and they said “it’s a good sign that means your estrogen is up :)”.

Today I’m on Stim day 8. I started ganerelix last night and I woke up this morning and walk down there stairs where every step hurt my chest. I had to turn around go upstairs and put a bra on.

ER done 14 retrieved 8 Mature/ 8 Vitrified. HCG does make me hungry, ever since my trigger shot I’ve been chowing down. I went from 117lbs ->120. 1lb a day