Side effects?

Hey ladies! I’m finishing up my first round of IVF. My beta is this Friday, 8/30 and I’m 12dp5dt. I haven’t really had any symptoms except that I’ve been bloated off and on and been experiencing cramping on and off since day of transfer. Yesterday I went to visit my eye dr and he said my blood pressure seemed a little high. I’ve never had high blood pressure, but I dismissed it to stress of the process. Then last night I woke up in the middle of the night freezing and drenched in sweat. The temperature in the room is the same as always. I was using a lighter duvet than usual. It’s the first time it’s ever happened my whole life. Does this sound normal?

yep, sounds totally normal. You are dealing with crazy high levels of hormones - similiar to a pregnant woman. Hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, constipation, sore breasts, cramps, headaches, bloating…all normal. Fun, huh?

Oh yeah…it’s marvelous. :o)

Good luck with your beta Friday! Have you POAS? I think you should!

Thanks! And congrats to you (read your siggy) I’m not going to POAS because I’m not ready for bad news yet. I’m going to wait until I have no other choice lol

You cant think neg. Be positive and go for it. But I’d use a First Early Response.

I was on follistim, it made me have a headache the first day then all subsequent nights i was waking up every 2 hours in night sweats this went on for the first 6 days of stims. I asked the nurse and she said, “that’s great that means your estrogen must be rising” The whole time I was warm when usually i’m cold. Then I started taking ganarelix and my chest started to hurt, then grow, then I had to wear a bra all the time because it hurt to walk up and down the stairs. After I took the HCG trigger shot, I was hungry all the time, i knew something was wrong when within an hour I found my head in the refrigerator looking for something to eat about 10 times! On the morning of the retrieval, I wasn’t allowed to eat anything but I was craving lasagne for breakfast. :smiley:

Any updates from today’s beta?

I ended up POAS yesterday and it was negative so I called my RE’s office and requested to test yesterday. It was also negative. DH and I were pretty bummed. Just been trying to get my mind off of it today. Thanks for asking though!

I’m so sorry.

It’s a possibility and unfortunately now a part of the process for us. It’s disappointing but I am optimistic that we will be successful.