Singles Trying to Conceive...

Thanks Jen!
Will I feel as bloated with the embryo transfer as I do now after the egg retrieval?

[quote=latina418]Thanks Jen!
Will I feel as bloated with the embryo transfer as I do now after the egg retrieval?[/quote]

Well, I didn’t, but you might be different. I never got more than 15 eggs. For me, the bloating was gone soon after the ER, within a day or so, if I remember right. Then I got a day or two’s grace before the progesterone symptoms kicked in… I certainly felt fine at ET, and I had 3 day transfers.

Thanks Latina and Lilac!!

Question–everyone is talking about feeling bloated. I’m on day 6 of stims and I’m not really feeling much, except a bunch of gas (sorry, TMI). On a normal cycle, I gain anywhere from 5-10lbs and get really bloated and gassy. Because of this , do you think I’m just not feeling the stims as much?

I only have 5 follies right now: 10.1, 13.1, 12.0, 10.2 and 8.8. E2 was low (59) on Friday so upped my Gonal F to 450/day and yesterday it was up to 153.

Latina-- :pray: for you and ET tomorrow.

Curiously, since we’re all single, who has accompanied you to your ER and ET apps? I’m hoping my mom will be able to make it otherwise it will be one of my best girlfriends.

Welcome GulliverGirl! Lots of :babydust: :babydust: to you for your cycle! I didn’t really feel much during stims until around the time when I took the trigger shot. Then it was crazy! Lots of gas and bloat and general achy yucky feeling.

I had friends come with me to my ET but this go around I think I might go alone or just have one trusted friend.

GulliverGal, I didn’t start to feel really bloated until a couple of days before the ER. By the ER, I wanted the eggs out! But prior to that, I didn’t feel bad at all.

I always had someone with me at my ERs, since I couldn’t drive afterward. It was my bro or my father - but they stayed in the waiting room. For ETs, I went on my own.

[QUOTE=lilac]GulliverGal, I didn’t start to feel really bloated until a couple of days before the ER. By the ER, I wanted the eggs out! But prior to that, I didn’t feel bad at all. [/QUOTE]

It’s good to know I’m not missing out on any of the “fun”. :clap:

Other than being tired and hungry I’m enjoying the unknown.

Hi All,
So the bloating has been going down since I started using milk of magnesia and gatorade/coconut water.
However tonight since about 30 minutes ago I started developing severe left sided abdominal pain, where my ovary normally is at… what do I do? I can’t find anything online about it. Boobs are sore with progesterone but i can breath ok and no fever. I had some nausea but that was because I overate tonight and I naturally suffer from heartburn… lucky me. Any advice? should I call the RE?

GulliverGal,
I wasn’t uncomfortable until they added the ganirelix and I got closer to being done, but yeah by the time I had my egg retrieval I was ready. I took my best friend to the ER. I will be going alone tomorrow, granted that all goes well tonight and this pain goes away.

GL

TEOE :pray: for me.

Latina, I would def. talk to the RE, particularly if the pain is severe. It could be nothing, but you are at risk at ovary torsion after IVF, I believe, so pain like that should be checked out. Never had anything like that myself.

Good luck today - maybe you are done already? :cross::cross:

Pain, gas, bloating could also be a sign of OHSS which can show up after retrieval too. Definitely call your doc so they can check you out.

Latina, aren’t you having your transfer today?? If so, sending lots of sticky vibes!!!

Hey Ladies,
I did call the RE covering last night and he said it could be a mild case of OHSS and to see the RE today. I did, the ultrasound showed that my ovaries are very plump and that the left one was right on top of my uterus, which is sort of my anatomical normal, but since it swelled up, he thinks that caused the pain. I ended up taking tylenol with codeine last night but only took two tylenol regular strengths today.
The embryo transfer did happen today around 12:30 CST and the RE was super excited about how “great” the embryos looked, he almost did one only, but said to continue with two. I have been resting since I got home. They gave me the first picture of the embryos… I am excited.

GulliverGal, good luck.

Jen and Ona, thanks for the support.

:pray: :bsv: :babydust:

:welcome: Gulliversgal! GL on your IVF

For my appointments, well, I have gone to every single one on my own. I don’t really mind for the most part although sometimes it would be nice to have someone with me.

Jen I hope Abigail’s next surgery is a success! If this one works out how it is supposed to will she have to have anymore in the future?

On a I totally get the frustration thing -_- I feel like all I’ve done in the past two years is wait. Get benched. Wait. Hope. Get benched. Wait. Hope. Get benched. It’s a vicious cycle lol Hopefully things pick up soon (for the both of us!)

Latina CONGRATULATIONS on the ET!!!:bsv: :bsv: :bsv: We need some pregnancies around here. It’s been to quiet! :cross: crossed for you!

Hi Everyone,
Well I am doing much better… thank goodness, the pain on left ovary has gone down a lot. :slight_smile:
I got a call today from the RE, they were able to freeze 8 embryos. So that means that out of the 13 fertilized, almost all survived but 3. Which from my understanding it is not bad at all! Overall super happy and hope to have good news on the 22nd when I go for my bloodwork.

Jen, Keep us posted on Abigail.

Ona, when is your surgery?

Nickelle, How is work hunting? Hope things continue to improve for you.

Gullivergal, How are the injections going?

WOOOOOOOOT!!! Congrats on being PUPO, Latina!!!:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to you!!!

Surgery is set for March 27. It’s a quick procedure but I have to stay in recovery for 2 hours. I’m trying to stay zen about it but I don’t like leaving the babies AT ALL!!! Making sure I go see my lawyer next week to update my will and trust because I am completely paranoid, er I mean pragmatic.

I have to wait until my next AF after the surgery, to start the FET, but I am really not sure what that means because the way the nurse explained it was a bit vague. It either means that I have to wait through my April period and cycle and that day 2 will start on day two of my May cycle or if it means that cycle day 2 starts after my April period starts.

So, everything crossed.

Thinking of you Latina and you too Jen!!! Hugs to all! Hoping this forum will pick up a bit again.

Ona fingers crossed everything goes well with your surgery and you can get started soon! Will you use the same donors as you did for the twins?

Latina I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus on job hunting the last few weeks. With midterms coming up I’ve been pretty busy and I’m doing alright at the moment, although I’ll need a new job soon. I’ve been thinking about possibly starting up a small business of my own. I don’t know how successful it would be since I’m sure there are a lot of these types of things out there, but I’ve begun making all my own natural products (i.e. lotions, shaving bars, oral care products, chapstick etc.) and I enjoy it a lot. They’re all made with all natural, organic ingredients, cold-pressed and fair trade where applicable. I thought maybe I could make larger batches and sell them. I don’t know if it would do well or not and probably wouldn’t be enough to survive on but I thought it [I]might[/I] be something to supplement my income and give a little extra spending money or savings money or whatever. Anyway, it’s just a thought but I’m still trying to get my recipes right and decide whether or not it’s even a viable idea.

Thanks Ona! Question… What does PUPO mean? Hehe never heard that before.
As far as the surgery, I wish you the best of luck. I totally get the whole will thing… I am already thinking of the college fund I need to start with the pregnancy… Positive thinking of course.

Nickelle, good luck with the exams. I actually buy organic products from an online retailer including my soap and deodorant so I think it is definitely something that there is a market for. You just have to find out more about the ins and outs of it, getting organic certification somehow I assume and marketing. Sending you lots of luck. We are strong independent women, we can do anything we put our minds to.
:cheer:

latina I believe PUPO is something like “pregnant until proven otherwise” Ona can correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks for the luck on the exams. I have SO much to do. Somehow they always sneak up on me. I think I have plenty of time and then BAM! Exams are next week -_-

Yay Latina!!!

Nickelle is right about PUPO - preggo till proven otherwise… you know the embies were good at ET so now you just need to see if they implant…

In answer to someone’s question (forget who), if the surgery is successful she will be stable (as in, no longer in heart failure) but there is a strong likelihood that she will need periodic valve replacements for the rest of her life. The cardiologist says there’s a chance she might be able to avoid this, but it’s only a small chance and we won’t know till after the surgery. So success really means no surgeries till she’s probably 4-6 years old. I’ll take it!

[QUOTE=lilac]Yay Latina!!!

Nickelle is right about PUPO - preggo till proven otherwise… you know the embies were good at ET so now you just need to see if they implant…

In answer to someone’s question (forget who), if the surgery is successful she will be stable (as in, no longer in heart failure) but there is a strong likelihood that she will need periodic valve replacements for the rest of her life. The cardiologist says there’s a chance she might be able to avoid this, but it’s only a small chance and we won’t know till after the surgery. So success really means no surgeries till she’s probably 4-6 years old. I’ll take it![/QUOTE]
Latina keep us posted!

Jen it was my question. And no more surgeries until 4-6? I’d take it too! I hope this one goes well and fixes her all up!

I sure hope so too! One open heart surgery is enough for any one lifetime but two in 4 months is beyond awful. I am so scared we will be back there in another 4 months…

And we are still trying to recover from the first one… after that she needed comfort and food at frequent intervals and would wake every 2 hours, but at some point it became a habit. Suffice it to say I have an 8 month old who only rarely sleeps even 3 hours in a row (the last 4 nights it’s been every 2 hours) and I am a shadow of my former self. I have been trying to ease her into sleeping better (without a tremendous amount of success thus far, but still) but I know the surgery will shoot all my efforts into itty bitty pieces. Sigh.