Singles Trying to Conceive...

10 day wait

Hi all,
well I am still waiting… I haven’t felt any different to be honest, but the ovary pain is gone. So I guess that is good… I go for my blood test this friday and I am praying that it will be a positive one. All my friends and family are praying with me.

Jen,
I hope all goes well with her surgery, just remember kids are so resilient, I wish we could bounce back as fast as they do… try to get as much rest as you can.

GulliverGal,
how are the injections going? scans?

I still can’t believe we are the only five still chatting here, where is everyone else?

I’m still checking in. I miss all the conversation. )-;

It has been very quiet, hasn’t it? It does tend to come in waves… we’ll have a time with an incredible volume of messages, and then it goes quiet for awhile. We seem to be in long quiet phase though.

I have been busy looking for daycares. It is not fun.

[QUOTE=latina418]Hi all,
well I am still waiting… I haven’t felt any different to be honest, but the ovary pain is gone. So I guess that is good… I go for my blood test this friday and I am praying that it will be a positive one. All my friends and family are praying with me.

Jen,
I hope all goes well with her surgery, just remember kids are so resilient, I wish we could bounce back as fast as they do… try to get as much rest as you can.

GulliverGal,
how are the injections going? scans?

I still can’t believe we are the only five still chatting here, where is everyone else?[/QUOTE]

Latina–sending you lots of :bsv: and :pray: for a :bfp: for you.

Jen-- praying for you as well. I’m sure this is tough for you to go through. At least we all have each other for the moral support we need!

Afm, it’s been busy! I only had two measurable follies as of last Friday and triggered Friday night. We made a girls night of it and did it in a restaurant bathroom. It was funny and less stressful triggering that way.

My ER was Sunday morning and the RE retrieved seven eggs!!! We were all shocked and pleasantly surprised. As of yesterday, there were the strong embryos with transfer scheduled for tomorrow. The doc wants to transfer all three, if they make it until Wednesday. I asked about triplets and he said I have <1% chance of triplets, 25% of twins and a 70% chance of single pregnancy. I’m nervous to get excited but in truth I am excited. I get next update this afternoon about growth of my little embabies. It is a bit odd thinking I have little embabies growing 20 miles away!!
I have started the endometrin and it is weird!! Not liking the drainage but lowering through it.

Hugs to all of you!

Gulliver, that’s excellent news, way to go! I doubt I would hesitate in transferring all three. In 5 IVF cycles I transferred 3 3 times and 4 once. No triplets… also I was 35/36 at the time. Good luck!!!

Jen,
good luck with finding the day care. I am lucky my dad is coming to leave here in Houston, so he will be my babysitter while he/she/they? grow up.

Gullivergal,
Super happy for you, ET tomorrow… I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Don’t worry about triplets, you will be fine!
I hear you on the hormones, it is crazy and are your boobs sore? TMI but at least I won’t feel like such an oddball, if someone else is feeling the same.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if we were preggo buddies!

TEOE: HI!!! Waffling, Nickelle, maloo, and Ona.

PS this waiting period stinks… I want to know I am :preg: now.

Hi All,

It’s been so busy over here. I hope everyone is well. Everything crossed for you latina and gulliver!!! The waiting does suck.

I’m just waiting for my surgery on the 27th and then after that I have to sit out one cycle, so looks like June transfer at the earliest.

On the subject of transferring 3 embryos, I have a single mother by choice friend who is currently pregnant with quads. She transferred 3 and all three stuck then one split into identicals. Suffice to say, the odds of that are so so small as to be negligible and certainly not something she planned for.

I’m trying to help organize some help for her. The national SMC group founder is offering to collect donations for her tax deductible. Here’s her story and if you all can donate even $5 that would be awesome. Even better would be if you could share it with anyone you know and ask them to donate and share it with anyone they know so that we can get this to go viral and help her!

I transferred three as well when I did my IVF and would do the same again so this could have been any of us. Imagine… four babies!! It would be amazing and a blessing but also terrifying.

Please read, donate and share:

SMC Expecting Quads Needs Help

The post from Amy is below:
At age 36 I knew it was time to make my dream a reality and have a child. After spending years recovering from medical issues stemming from a car accident, and trying to find “Mr. Right”, I made the decision to start IUI’s to achieve my miracle on my own. I had 5 failed IUI’s with one traumatic miscarriage, but I refused to give up, so I decided to turn to IVF.

Following my Dr’s recommendation, I decided to transfer 3 embryos, with the hope that one would take. The IVF cycle was a success and when my first ultrasound showed I was pregnant with twins, I was shocked but also overjoyed! A week later, I had my follow-up and was anxious to hear those two little heartbeats. That day, I got the news that would forever change my life- not only were there two heartbeats- there were FOUR!! One of my twins split, and another sac had formed within a week. I was floored, scared, panicked, and excited all at once. This was the last thing I expected. I knew in my heart that I could never voluntarily reduce an embryo, and as long as they were flourishing, I knew they all were meant to be mine. But what now?

I planned for one. I would have been able to handle two. But, four? I am frankly, still in shock. I cannot even begin to fathom what childcare, clothing, and basics of day to day life will cost me, let alone things like college tuitions for four at the same time.

Today, I am 17w3d and doing wonderfully. While I embrace everyday with these 4 miracles in me and relish every moment of this wild adventure I am also terrified. I have had to go on disability, as I am on complete bed rest, which has taken a hit on my income. I am almost certainly facing more time off with NICU stays and I am still not sure how to juggle everything because I do not know yet what my future will hold and all my energy is spent on growing these little miracles. My job is very physically demanding so I am not yet sure what sort of toll this pregnancy will have on my past car accident injuries or how it will affect my ability to return to work.

I am more than embarrassed to ask for help but my local SMC community has rallied around me and has taken it upon themselves to help without my asking it. One SMC friend contacted Jane and asked if she could post this so that everyone who wanted to help had one central place where they could do so. I am just amazed at all the support I have received from this community and thankful for that alone, but please know that I will pay all this kindness forward and will never forget how everyone came and lifted me up when I most needed it.

Donations may be made through SMC. Go to Our Community | Single Mothers by Choice and click on the “Donate” box on the right side of the page. To be sure that your donation goes to Amy, please send us an email ([email protected]) and let us know that you’ve made a donation for her.

But don’t let this lady’s story scare you - this sort of thing is unlikely to happen (though of course it can). My RE has a patient who transferred two and got quads…

You have to assess the risks. I wouldn’t (and didn’t!) hesitate to transfer 3 unless I was super young and the embryos super good. That said, though, you should consider the possibility of multiples and what you would do, just in case.

Also, this quads lady is lovely and the outpouring of support for her has been amazing (Ona is leading the charge).

++++++++

Hi all
Just got back from the RE… I AM :preg: :bfp:
OMG I am so happy.
Beta came out at 340.
I go back monday for my next check and Ultrasound in 2 weeks.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Great news Latina!!! And that’s a nice beta too! YAY!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

[QUOTE=latina418]Hi all
Just got back from the RE… I AM :preg: :bfp:
OMG I am so happy.
Beta came out at 340.
I go back monday for my next check and Ultrasound in 2 weeks.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:[/QUOTE]

I haven’t posted here before, but I have been “stalking” this thread for some time and keeping tabs on your progress…

CONGRATS!! This is such wonderful news. I am very happy for you. Good luck with next beta and u/s and here’s to a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!!!

[QUOTE=alex22]I haven’t posted here before, but I have been “stalking” this thread for some time and keeping tabs on your progress…

CONGRATS!! This is such wonderful news. I am very happy for you. Good luck with next beta and u/s and here’s to a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much Jen and Alex22.
I am super excited and so are my friends and family that were praying and waiting for the final answer today.

Latina…that’s fantastic! :clap:

Wahoo!!! Congrats Latina!!! That is an amazing Beta number too! Higher than mine which was twins. So super excited for you!!! Bring on the :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: party! WOOOOP! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :preg: :preg: :preg:

Thanks Maloo, Thanks Ona!!!
I like the dance! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :grouphug:

Congratulations Latina!!! I’m so excited for you!!

My transfer was on Friday morning and I’ve spent all weekend being lazy. I transferred one excellent blastocyst and two embryos. I woke up last night with really bad cramping but it quickly subsided so I’m hoping that it was just an embaby burrowing deep inside. Preg test is scheduled for 4/4, praying I can go without POAS but we shall see!!

Congrats Gullivergal! :babydust: :bsv: :bsv: :bsv:
I felt icky for the first two days with mild cramps then it got better. I will be :pray: for you.

Congratulations Latina! I came on here a few days ago to catch up and saw that you were almost due to go for your beta but got sidetracked and didn’t have time to wish you luck!

Brilliant news on the BFP! the beta is really high! How do you feel about multiples?! How many embies did they transfer? (I can’t look back that far while replying to a message). When will you go for your next beta? So exciting! I’ll be back on here more offer now so I can follow your progress!

I haven’t been on here for ages so I’ll give a quick update… My twins are now 13 months old, almost 14 months in fact and their big brother is 8. Levi and Rose are doing well and are into everything! Rose is walking confidently but Levi chooses to crawl 99% of the time even though he can actually walk! They are saying the odd ‘sound’ word like uh-uh, wow, ta etc and Levi can say ‘row, row, row’ when we play row, row, your boat. Rose’s first and only proper word is shoes (actually, dooz) which is slightly worrying as she does seem to like shoes a lot already! Health wise, they get colds regularly which is a downside of day care but they are mostly okay. Levi has developed respiratory problems (has had a tendency to he wheezy since 3 weeks old) and we’ve had a few scares where his oxygen levels have become very low. Luckily he responds well on a nebuliser and we now have an inhaler and aero-chamber (for administering the inhaler to a baby) at home which we can use when needed.

Combining single motherhood and full-time work means I have a very busy life with very little me time so I hardly ever get time to come on this forum or do a lot of other things that I used to be able to do. As anyone who is a teacher (or knows someone who is a teacher) knows, the school day doesn’t finish when you leave the classroom. Once the kids are in bed I work until at least 10.30pm and sometimes as late as 1am (like last night!) and I am up at 6.15 and in my classroom ready to start the day at 7.30. Full on! As you can imagine, I am in a state of perpetual tiredness but, of course, I’ve never once regretted becoming a single mum by choice. Even though I purposefully stuck with IUI rather than having IVF as I didn’t want to up the risk of multiples, I can’t imagine what life what be like without my two little monkeys. I am so lucky to have them! And their big brother is pretty amazing, too!

Thinking of all the old timers on here and hoping those others that don’t post often (but may well be reading) are doing well. Great to have some newbies, too to help get this forum back to the way it was. It was so quiet for months!!

My surgery is most likely delayed because AF has decided to not show up on time. I had some spotting day before it was due and thought it’d be like clockwork, but nooooooooo. Whenever AF needs to show she’s pretty good at being scarce.

Funny though, when I called OB to let her know the nurse called me back and said that “I should take a pregnancy test because I could be pregnant”. I laughed and explained that the only way I was pregnant was if I had been abducted by aliens and/or was carrying the messiah.

My RE also says that I have to sit out a whole cycle after surgery so June transfer is the earliest.

[quote=Sylvafern]Congratulations Latina! I came on here a few days ago to catch up and saw that you were almost due to go for your beta but got sidetracked and didn’t have time to wish you luck!

Brilliant news on the BFP! the beta is really high! How do you feel about multiples?! How many embies did they transfer? (I can’t look back that far while replying to a message). When will you go for your next beta? So exciting! I’ll be back on here more offer now so I can follow your progress!

I haven’t been on here for ages so I’ll give a quick update… My twins are now 13 months old, almost 14 months in fact and their big brother is 8. Levi and Rose are doing well and are into everything! Rose is walking confidently but Levi chooses to crawl 99% of the time even though he can actually walk! They are saying the odd ‘sound’ word like uh-uh, wow, ta etc and Levi can say ‘row, row, row’ when we play row, row, your boat. Rose’s first and only proper word is shoes (actually, dooz) which is slightly worrying as she does seem to like shoes a lot already! Health wise, they get colds regularly which is a downside of day care but they are mostly okay. Levi has developed respiratory problems (has had a tendency to he wheezy since 3 weeks old) and we’ve had a few scares where his oxygen levels have become very low. Luckily he responds well on a nebuliser and we now have an inhaler and aero-chamber (for administering the inhaler to a baby) at home which we can use when needed.

Combining single motherhood and full-time work means I have a very busy life with very little me time so I hardly ever get time to come on this forum or do a lot of other things that I used to be able to do. As anyone who is a teacher (or knows someone who is a teacher) knows, the school day doesn’t finish when you leave the classroom. Once the kids are in bed I work until at least 10.30pm and sometimes as late as 1am (like last night!) and I am up at 6.15 and in my classroom ready to start the day at 7.30. Full on! As you can imagine, I am in a state of perpetual tiredness but, of course, I’ve never once regretted becoming a single mum by choice. Even though I purposefully stuck with IUI rather than having IVF as I didn’t want to up the risk of multiples, I can’t imagine what life what be like without my two little monkeys. I am so lucky to have them! And their big brother is pretty amazing, too!

Thinking of all the old timers on here and hoping those others that don’t post often (but may well be reading) are doing well. Great to have some newbies, too to help get this forum back to the way it was. It was so quiet for months!![/quote]

Thanks Sylva!
I went for my second beta today, still waiting to hear from the doctor’s office for the results. They transferred two embryos. I will be happy with one healthy child but I am willing to have twins. Anything more than that, I would probably reduce because I don’t like the odds of complications with more than twins. Is it normal to have heartburn and bloating all the time?? or is this part of the OHSS? Either way I am excited!
I am finally :preg:!!!

As for you, I am glad that you have been able to do it all… i hope to be able to manage work and family as well.

Ona,
I am sorry you have to wait, i will be praying for you.

I hope GulliverGal is doing well.