Singles Trying to Conceive...

Just got the call…

Beta is 1183 with progesterone in the 300’s

ladies,
any suggestions on teas? or nutritional things that I can take to help with the bloating and heartburn?

[QUOTE=latina418]Thanks Sylva!
I went for my second beta today, still waiting to hear from the doctor’s office for the results. They transferred two embryos. I will be happy with one healthy child but I am willing to have twins. Anything more than that, I would probably reduce because I don’t like the odds of complications with more than twins. Is it normal to have heartburn and bloating all the time?? or is this part of the OHSS? Either way I am excited!

I hope GulliverGal is doing well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Latina—doing well and trying to be patient. :slight_smile:

How are you feeling??

Do you know if there is a direct correlation between beta numbers and multiples?

I know I can’t handle triplets and admire anyone, single or married, who can do it. My grandmother and mother keep praying for triplets and I’ve tried to respectfully tell them to pray for one, the rest is icing. Especially since I live in DC and my closest relative is in NY.

I agree with you about reducing if it is more than two…but then I feel ungrateful. Does that make any sense?

[quote=GulliverGal]Thanks Latina—doing well and trying to be patient. :slight_smile:

How are you feeling??

Do you know if there is a direct correlation between beta numbers and multiples?

I know I can’t handle triplets and admire anyone, single or married, who can do it. My grandmother and mother keep praying for triplets and I’ve tried to respectfully tell them to pray for one, the rest is icing. Especially since I live in DC and my closest relative is in NY.

I agree with you about reducing if it is more than two…but then I feel ungrateful. Does that make any sense?[/quote]

Totally understand Gullivergal,
however, working in the medical field, I have to take the complications in and really think what is best for me and for my child(ren), more than two is just too risky for me. Maybe others feel that it is ok to have more than 2, but being single, I want to be able to care for my children without assistance financially if possible and with the least strain on my friends and family. But again, that is my personal opinion. Not judging anyone else on their choices at all… We all have different tolerance levels.
:slight_smile:

LATINA CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you! Can’t wait to hear how many little monkeys are in there. Your beta’s are excellent!

GulliverGal :welcome: (in case I didn’t already say so, I forget now) and good luck on your beta on 4/4! Keep us posted! We could use some :bfp: in here.

Ona has AF showed yet so you can get going with that surgery? I know what you mean about her being scarce when you need her to show. She knows how the ruin the party -_-

Hi to EOE and hope you’re all doing well.

AFM I’m trying to be proactive in boosting my fertility in the hopes that this summer I will finally be able to get that BFP I’ve been dreaming of. Today I started a 21 day raw food cleanse to get myself in shape and lose some weight. I’m also taking a few natural supplements for boosting health and fertility. Everything I can do naturally, I am trying to do! I plan to go in to see my RE in June for an u/s and hopefully by July I’ll be able to do my IUI :cross: Going in June gives me about 3 months to get myself in shape and in optimum health! Lets hope it’s enough to help get me pregnant!

Hi all,

Nope, no af yet. Grrrrr I have surgery rescheduled for April 10th. Hopefully af will have shown by then. They wanted to do it on the 2nd but of course, I have to go into the office for a big important meeting that day.

Gullivergal, I am near DC! Have you been involved with any of the SMC community here? We have a really awesome community. Probably over 100 SMCs. We do get togethers for Father’s Day (donor family day) at the zoo every year, and a holiday party and monthly play dates and get togethers for those with kids as well as a separate thinkers/tryers group.

Latina, the bloating may be from the IVF cycle but it may also be the pregnancy. If you have pain or sudden extreme weight gain, headaches, or any of the other signs of OHSS I’d call your doctor just to be safe. Heart burn, unfortunately, is your new best friend. I had heart burn pretty much my entire pregnancy. There is a good pregnancy tea called Morning Wellness. Also, papaya extract is a good natural option for heartburn but even better are making sure that you eat small frequent meals and try to sleep with your head slightly elevated and on the left side (when you are further along in pregnancy). You may also notice you feel generally bloated and that your nose/sinuses just feel stuffed up all the time. This is because your body is increasing your blood volume significantly for the pregnancy and so all your tissues (including those in your nose) get a bit swollen.

Too true, Ona! I was stuffed up pretty much ever moment I’ve ever been pregnant. Almost always the first sign, for me. I was fortunate not to have much heartburn at all. Just goes to show that everyone is different.

Well we are travelling today. Pre-op tests tomorrow. Open heart surgery Thursday. Please direct every prayer, positive thought, and good vibe you have our way, because it just has to work this time. It just has to!

[QUOTE=silverbrumby]Hi all,

Gullivergal, I am near DC! Have you been involved with any of the SMC community here? We have a really awesome community. Probably over 100 SMCs. We do get togethers for Father’s Day (donor family day) at the zoo every year, and a holiday party and monthly play dates and get togethers for those with kids as well as a separate thinkers/tryers group. [QUOTE]

Silver–I’m in Alexandria. Where are you? I belong to an SMC group on meetup but was unable to participate this month due to ET. Looking to get more involved but have been nervous until I test positive, afraid of jinxing myself…as odd as that may sound.

Time to change that!!

Sounds like a great area for SMC’s. Is there a website to register? My college roommate became and SMC last march and her DS just turned one. I would love to also get her involved in this.

Maybe we can get together sometime!

@Gulliver - welcome!

@Latina - hope you are managing to keep busy…but I imagine the days are just crawling by until your u/s

@Nickelle - you sound like you are in a pretty good place emotionally right now…hope things continue on an upswing

@Lilac - although I am sure the docs at the children’s hospital are top notch, I hope you and Abigail get better support this time around from the hospital…:cross: that this surgery has an even better outcome than expected

@Ona - it’s tough when you are ready to go…but you get benched for something out of your control…

As for EOE, hope all is well!

As for me, today is CD10, and I have 2 follicles (11 & 12 mm)…this is the first time that I have had 2 follicles over 10…I never really responded to the other meds. Maybe the dietary changes (no sugar, no gluten, no sweetener + lots of supplements) and weight loss have actually ‘reset my systems’ as per my naturopath’s lingo! I go back in on Good Friday (CD13) for bw and u/s

Personally, things have been tough as I lost my job just before Christmas (was extremely fortunate to have gotten a severance package) and had a serious family crisis to deal with since…anyhow, I am back to taking care of myself, have some good job prospects (I hope…:cross: ) and have even started online dating, just for kicks. If this IUI (#5) doesn’t ‘take’, I will look to doing an IVF cycle in the fall (assuming I am working by then!). I am trying to manage my expectations all the while staying positive…

[QUOTE=lilac] Well we are travelling today. Pre-op tests tomorrow. Open heart surgery Thursday. Please direct every prayer, positive thought, and good vibe you have our way, because it just has to work this time. It just has to![/QUOTE]

Hey Lilac - wanted you to know that I’m thinking of and :pray: for you and Abigail. Hope things are going well in the pre-op today.

Hugs!!!

Jen, praying for you and Abigail! :cross: this surgery has better results!

Hi all,

Sorry I have been a little quiet lately, things were a little hectic this week with work and brother is here visiting me and planning his move to come live with me, has taken quite a bit of my time.

Jen,
I hope all went well with Abigail yesterday, I kept you both in my thoughts. keep us updated if you can.

Ona,
I hope AF has showed up already. I know you are anxious to get going.

GulliverGal,
How are you feeling?

Maloo,
super happy that you are getting good follies, :cross: for you.

Nickelle,
Hope tests at school aren’t driving you crazy right now.

To EOE… HI!

Latina I got through midterms alright (thank goodness-they really sneaked up on me this year) Hopefully grades will be posted by the end of the week. I can’t believe the semester is half over already! It’s amazing how it both drags and flies by. Not sure how that works exactly lol Keep us posted on how you’re doing! So excited for you. When’s your u/s?

Jen you and Abigail are in my thoughts. Hope everything went well yesterday and hope to hear an update whenever it’s possible for you.

Ona I know how frustrating being benched can be (two years of being benched I totally get it!) and :af: sure knows how to throw a wrench in the plans doesn’t she? Hopefully she shows up soon so you can get your surgery.

AFM I am on day 5 of my raw vegan cleanse. Felt pretty food the first few days. Had a bit of a headache and been dead tired the last two days but am told it is a normal part of detox and should be feeling more sprightly next week. It’s not easy (I guess that’s why it’s called a challenge) but it will be all worth it if it helps get me in shape for getting pregnant. Plan on going in June for my u/s and :cross: inseminate in July!

To EOE hi and hope you’re all doing well!

Quick update… Abigail is out of icu and moved to cardiac ward. Recovering faster than last time thank goodness. Surgeon thinks successful but too soon to say for sure. Fingers crossed.

Sounds hopeful, Jen. Fingers crosses that Abigail continues her speedy recovery and that the surgery was successful!

Hi Jen!
Super happy that Abigail is out of the ICU it is not fun there and it is great that she is recovering faster. I have a good feeling about this! Still praying for you both!

Nickelle,
Good luck with the cleanse, I think that your patience and hard work will pay off. :cross:

Ona,
How are ya?

Gullivergal
How come they are doing your beta on 4/4 13 days after ET, they did mine at 10 days? How are you feeling?

Maloo,
How are things with the cycle?

To eoe Hi!

Jen…so glad to hear Abigail is recovering so well. Thank you for keeping us updated!

[QUOTE=latina418]Hi Jen!
Super happy that Abigail is out of the ICU it is not fun there and it is great that she is recovering faster. I have a good feeling about this! Still praying for you both!

Nickelle,
Good luck with the cleanse, I think that your patience and hard work will pay off. :cross:

Ona,
How are ya?

Gullivergal
How come they are doing your beta on 4/4 13 days after ET, they did mine at 10 days? How are you feeling?

Maloo,
How are things with the cycle?

To eoe Hi![/QUOTE]

So happy Abigail is doing well!!!

I’m not sure. That was the date they gave me so I just went with it. I took two tests, last week, and they both came back negative but it was too soon. I haven’t lost hope yet and looking forward to the blood test–one way or another.

[QUOTE=GulliverGal]So happy Abigail is doing well!!!

I’m not sure. That was the date they gave me so I just went with it. I took two tests, last week, and they both came back negative but it was too soon. I haven’t lost hope yet and looking forward to the blood test–one way or another.[/QUOTE]

I had my beta test 10 days after, I confirmed it with a urine test and it was positive the same day. Last week was too early for you.

Will read posts later(doing this on my phone)… But quick update: released from hospital!!! Now camped out at hotel waiting for follow up with surgeon…

Jen,
That is awesome, take care of that little warrior of yours… Go Abigail!
:clap: