SIRM Westchester or Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center, P.C. Anyone?

I am looking for info or opinions from anyone who may have used either Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center, P.C. in CT, or else the SIRM location in Westchester, NY.

We just had our 3rd IVF which was unsuccessful. It was a particularly difficult cycle, and everything about it seemed to go wrong. While I love the doc and staff we are currently working with (they are all very nice, professional, and supportive), we are running out of chances, and I want to be as aggressive as possible. We are still considered “unexplained”, and our clinic is a little lax, kind of with the opinion that it will happen eventually in due time. While in many ways that’s a good thing, with IVF -its expense, and the time-sensitivity with our biological clocks, I don’t think this is an area where it is acceptable to be so laid back about the approach. Basically, I want more investigating done before we do another cycle, and I feel like maybe a second or 3rd opinion would help.

Greenwich has decent success rates on SART compared to my current clinic, and I have been reading a lot on the SIRM website for info about them. Dr. Sher has tons of good info (and seems to have the philosophy of really investigating the patients individually), but I am not sure about travelling to Vegas for such a long trip as that is tough financially. I figured maybe Dr. Browne in Westchester would be similar since part of SIRM. Any ideas on either Greenwich, CT or SIRM Westchester?

I had 9 failed cycles in 3 years and went to SIRM Westchester Dr. Browne with little hope as I am now 40, I was a difficult case as I had two requirements, I had to do PGD for a single gene condition(DH is affected and carrier) and wanting a girl embryo for family balancing ( I have two wonderful boys). I signed on for a 3 cycle package and had 2 retrievals and 1 transfer by some miracle I am now 14 weeks pregnant!! Just had my CVS no Trisomy 13, 18, 21 and a GIRL! I know I have a bit to go but I am SO grateful to SIRM for this miracle. Dr. Browne, DR T and Dr Wang(in the Manhattan offices) are all fantastic, great bedside manner and are very thorough, very personal attention and I feel like their GOAL is to get you PREGNANT, which I now am!:preg:

Best of Luck! Let me know if you have any questions!

[quote=jany1025]I had 9 failed cycles in 3 years and went to SIRM Westchester Dr. Browne with little hope as I am now 40, I was a difficult case as I had two requirements, I had to do PGD for a single gene condition(DH is affected and carrier) and wanting a girl embryo for family balancing ( I have two wonderful boys). I signed on for a 3 cycle package and had 2 retrievals and 1 transfer by some miracle I am now 14 weeks pregnant!! Just had my CVS no Trisomy 13, 18, 21 and a GIRL! I know I have a bit to go but I am SO grateful to SIRM for this miracle. Dr. Browne, DR T and Dr Wang(in the Manhattan offices) are all fantastic, great bedside manner and are very thorough, very personal attention and I feel like their GOAL is to get you PREGNANT, which I now am!:preg:

Best of Luck! Let me know if you have any questions![/quote]

Hi Jany, thank you so much for your response, that is very reassuring about Dr. Browne and colleagues. DH and I were recently thinking about possibly taking a trip to Vegas or St. Louis if we can find a way to pay for it, but now we know Dr. Browne is a great one too if we can’t seem to get out of the East Coast. Thorough is very important to us at this point as we are running out of chances and want to maximize our success potential.

You have been through so much, I am really happy for you that you had a successful cycle after all that. Those BFNs can be quite painful, especially once they start adding up. Awesome news about the CVS also, I hope your pregnancy continues to be healthy and happy!

Thanks again for your feedback, that is very helpful!

I have cycled at SIRM Westchester & a facility in CT. Not sure what P.C. stands for? PM me if you have any specific questions, I’d be happy to help!