Slow Freeze vs. Vitrification

Hey ladies, I was hoping everyone, pregnant, trying, everyone that had or has frozen embryos.

Were yours frozen using the slow freezing method or vitirfication. Also what day were they frozen?

Also what were the outcomes of your FET’s??

We have 3, 6 day blasts, and the slow freeze method was used. Just wondering about the success rates and thaw rates were with everyone! This will be our first FET, we had one IVF cycle which was successful with our twins!

Thanks!!

We had 4 slow freeze 5day blasts thawed, of the 4 only 2 survived intact, of those 2 - 1 was hatching and the other was described as “a little flat, but rehydrating well”. Its my understanding that the slow freeze tends to have a 50% thaw rate, while vitrification can be 90-100%. Best of luck to you. And it really does take just one, I’m a day late waiting to deliver that hatching blast right now. :flower:

Hi Charityhope ,

I had a 2 D3 embryos that was frozen through vitirfication and the thaw was 100% successful as both survived and I am pregnant with both of them …

Best of luck on the your cycle .

Katie, that is awesome!! Congrats! You will be holding your big baby girl in no time!!

Eimy, I am so excited for you to be having twins again!

I am wondering why my clinic still does the slow freeze, and since they do, I am going to be fighting to transfer all three if they do survive. (praying they do)

Are most clinics doing vitrification now?

[quote=charityhope611]Katie, that is awesome!! Congrats! You will be holding your big baby girl in no time!!

Eimy, I am so excited for you to be having twins again!

I am wondering why my clinic still does the slow freeze, and since they do, I am going to be fighting to transfer all three if they do survive. (praying they do)

Are most clinics doing vitrification now?[/quote]

Thanks alot Charityhope , I hope the pregnancy continue till the end as my SCH is still threatening everything but I have to be optmistic though it is hard with this daily bleeding .
I think that most of the clinics now use the virtification as the success thaw rate is 95% , my clinic was so sure about that both will survive (my Re wasnot concerned at all about the thaw ,she said even that 100% they will both survive )
When is ur ET ??

My ET is Sunday, December 12th!! A little over 6.5 weeks, but who is counting! I am just praying they will all survive or at least 2 out of 3. I know there is nothing we can do about it besides pray, but was just wondering if anyone besides my clinic is using the old, slow freeze method, and how their thaws have gone and if they achieved pregnancy.
Keep chugging along Eimy, soon you will be holding those two precious bundles!.. well how about early summer…

My RE told me 70% survival rate a few weeks ago after I asked him about what method they used. Well he can’t think it is too bad since he is so against me transfering three, so I guess he thinks it is a possiblity for them all to survive the thaw…

We are going to have a consult and signing some documents on 11/17, so we will talk about the three embryos then. I am going to request it and not back down, because I know he will be pressing to say no and not budge!

Just praying that all will go well! Ultimately we have NO control, we just pretend too, lol. God is in control and He is good!

Sorry for the rambling…

:pray: Best of luck and u r right God in control …

happy halloween and have a great weekend

Thanks!!

6 weeks from now I will be Puppo, praying!!!