So Close to Retrieval, Nervous about Over Stim

Hi Girls,

Just need some advice. So close, but so nervous. I’m Day 10 of Stim (Lupron, Gonal-F/Menopur), and progressing well.

20 follicles
E2 2,800 (Day 9), waiting on todays results

The RE told me that retrieval will be sun or mon, but if my E2 gets too high they may need to postpone the transfer :frowning:

I’m def. concerned about Over Stim, but obviously my health is the main concern.

So if they postpone, how long until I can transfer and what is the process for a frozen cycle? Just trying to mentally prepare!!! ugh

[COLOR=“Indigo”]

I don’t have much info here, but they were worried the same about me. I had 19 eggs extracted and was high risk for OHSS. Luckily drinking a ton of gatorade from the day of retrieval to transplant helped a lot. It is my understanding that if you have to skip a transfer due to OHSS you can transfer the very next cycle you have. But, there are a number of different techniques docs use for a frozen transfer, some medicated others not.

You may get better more informed answers if you repost this in the IVF forum and not the due dates . Best of luck to you.

[QUOTE=BabyMama01]Hi Girls,

Just need some advice. So close, but so nervous. I’m Day 10 of Stim (Lupron, Gonal-F/Menopur), and progressing well.

20 follicles
E2 2,800 (Day 9), waiting on todays results

The RE told me that retrieval will be sun or mon, but if my E2 gets too high they may need to postpone the transfer :frowning:

I’m def. concerned about Over Stim, but obviously my health is the main concern.

So if they postpone, how long until I can transfer and what is the process for a frozen cycle? Just trying to mentally prepare!!! ugh[/QUOTE]

Just relax! In my case, FET was the best what happened to me (see my sig.)! If you have OHSS (or, if you are under high risk) I am sure the best both for you and your pregnancy is to postpone the transfer!
About how long you have to wait, according to my RE, it is very good to have one natural, unmedicated cycle between IVF and FET in order that your body recoveres from hormones you were taking.

GOOD LUCK!

First off congrats on the great amount of follies. Great job. My FET was 53 days after my ER. I needed to get one AF which came within 10 days then prepare my body medically. Your best option is FET. You want to avoid OHSS as much as possible. Best wishes!