So sad & frustrated...need encouragement

I feel so frustrated and discouraged lately. This past Thanksgiving was so difficult to get through considering that practically every women in my family has a new baby. I feel like the only one without kids and it just makes the holidays so difficult to get through when I see all these happy parents with their babies. After several years, it is so painful to get through family events. I see how happy DH is with our nieces and nephews, and it really saddens me. I feel so guilty for not being able to give him children.

After this last failed cycle, I’ve decided to take a break for the holidays. I feel so depressed right now and I don’t think I can put on a happy face anymore.

I don’t want to give up, but I guess I just need some words of encouragement. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

So sorry to hear the holiday was so hard for you. I know for me it could feel really lonely when I was miserable and feeling hopeless and others were joyful with children all around me. I know its really hard to make a choice to take a break, but for me it was the best thing. I took a break for the summer and at first it was so hard but I sort of found myself again during that time, it was the only way I was able to face IVF. Best of luck, I hope you find some peace this holiday season

Denise,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble TTC. The holidays can be an especially difficult time because there are many celebrations and get togethers that probably involve preggo ladies. i am also finding myself having a hard time thinking about all the people I know that are pregnant but i’m not sure what to do about it…

The best advice I have for you is to have a plan for your futre IF treatments. I feel like having a plan helps me keep going because I know that another cycle means another chance of becoming pregnant.