So this is annoying... pelvic organ prolapse

[FONT=“Arial Narrow”]After having a terrific pregnancy and uncomplicated delivery, I am now dealing with pelvic organ prolapse. I have a beginning stage issue (cervix low in the vagina), and for the past few weeks, I’ve been doing kegels per my OB’s recommendation. From what I’ve been reading online, this is a fairly common issue, but it also seems that many cases do not resolve on their own.

My OB suggested that the next steps could include physical therapy (apparently theres’s a person in my area who specializes in this), a pessary (sounds horrible) or surgery (not right now, thanks!).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, how long it took to resolve and any other tips you may have. It’s been a bit uncomfortable/annoying but bearable at the moment.

Thanks, ladies![/FONT]

CaribbeanQueen- I haven’t dealt with this myself but a close friend did. She went to physical therapy and they coached her on exactly how and how often she should be doing kegels. She was able to fix hers on her own with the physical therapy.

CQ - Sorry to hear you’re going through this. It sounds really uncomfortable. I’ve been kind of wondering if I have something like this during pregnancy since sometimes it feels like everything’s falling out, or hanging low. How did they diagnose this? Was it at your 6 wk appointment or were you seen for any symptoms in particular?

I hope you’re able to resolve it with physical therapy. Good luck!

[FONT=“Arial Narrow”]Music–thanks for sharing your friend’s story, and congrats on your recent BFP–how exciting! I’m glad that you were able to see your little bean. Wishing you a very happy pregnancy!

Kris–thanks for popping in! I haven’t been on the Azoo Vets thread in ages, but I’ve been wondering how you’re doing. I see from your siggy that you had a bleed–I am glad that you and the baby are fine.

The prolapse didn’t start until 4 weeks postpartum–I noticed some swelling and thought that it was the area around my stitches (I had to have 2), but I realized that there was more going on when pain and pressure continued. I don’t want to get into the TMI department, although, hey, at this point, nothing is sacred after all of the treatment I’ve had, but I do NOT want to see my cervix coming out of my vajayjay–who’s with me!!!

I thought that things were improving earlier in the week, but the past 2 days have been business as usual. I’ve been on my feet a lot though–DH has been working late, so I’m running the show here–no time to get off my feet as recommended. Hopefully I’ll have some mama time this weekend and can focus on my kegels. This is NOT a fun thing to experience. Oy![/FONT]