My history: TTC for a year in 2008.
Diagnosed with DOR in 2009 at age 32.
4 IUIs, all neg
IVF#1 5 eggs retrieved, 3 fert, all abnormal, no transfer
IVF#2 cycle cancelled, premature ovulation
IVF#3 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fert, day 3 transfer, blighted ovum, D&C
DE IVF#1 cycle cancelled, lump found in breast (fluid cyst)
DE IVF#2 8 frozen donor eggs thawed, 7 fert, 2 transferred, 5 blasts frozen
I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy until I developed HELLP syndrome and our twins were born via emergency Csection at 33w3d. They were in the NICU for 6.5-7.5 weeks. We all turned out fine and we are so very blessed to have them.
It is now five years since we fertilized those 7 eggs, and we are now facing what seems to be an impossible decision on where to go from here with our 5 frozen blasts. At that time, we didn’t think of ‘extra’ embryos the same way or to the extent we must now… There are soooo many things to consider as I feel it is time to come to some decisions.
We recently scheduled a FET. Prior to staring this cycle, I had hysterosocpy with adhesion lysis. Then this cycle was cancelled due to fluid not resolving and lining not looking great.
Given the very serious complication of HELLP syndrome I had, does it make sense to try again? Supposedly a singleton pregnancy would be much less risk. And subsequent cases are likely less severe and later. But it IS a KNOWN risk of recurring… What if it happened again and something serious happens to the baby and/or me, my twins’ mother?
If we do try again ourselves, do we PGD test first? Is this a greater risk to the embryos (thawing/refreezing) vs the info gained? What if they’d find a chromosome abnormality that wasn’t considered fatal, but still compatible with life?
if we don’t try again ourselves, we are faced with the other decisions. Ones that my husband and I are super conflicted about…