So upset after 3rd U/S!!

Hi there everyone - I haven’t been posting in a while (DS has been very sick, but much better now!!)

So here is the deal - I had my IUI on 9/28 and according to the RE I am 7 weeks 2 days today, but the gestational sac is only measuring 6 weeks 4 days. I actually had an U/S at my OB office on Monday and we saw a definite HB. She thought it was a little small, but she was not worried. Then today the RE (not my normal one) was totally negative…He could barely detect a flutter…The gest. sac is 17mm and there is a yolk sac…

The nurse says there is still hope and that maybe he just did not get a good view today…I go back in on Wed. for another U/S and that should determine if my little bean is viable - I am praying that it is!!!

Any thoughts?

Btw my HCG and prog. are really good according to RE…

Katherine

I’m sorry you didn’t get good news but I would think if your numbers are good you should be positive drink plenty of water and I will keep praying you have a hh9 months

at this point the difference is just millimeters. Maybe the RE just didn’t get a good measurement, and the heartbeats do fluctuate. It’s often lower around when you eat, when you wake up and when you go to bed and probably some other times as well.

Drink lots of water and hopefully Wednesday things will be back on track.

With my son at the 6 week US they insisted I was 5 weeks. Then at the 8 wk they insisted I was 10. It’s hard to get those measurements precise. Same with weight - they said he’d be 10 pounds because of demurely length and he was 7. Good luck!

Katherine,
I’m sorry that you are going through this. I had a similar experience with my first u/s. My RE saw the gestational sac and yolk sac. She said that looking at my Beta #s I was looking more like 5 weeks instead of 6. Meanwhile all along they said that my Beta #s were good. She told DH and I that she thought this would end in a m/c for us - but not to worry cause I got pregnant so it can happen again. She said that the next couple of weeks would tell her if this would be a viable pregnancy. DH and I were devastated by the news. I tried so hard to keep positive, but just kept hearing her say the things that she had said… it was a LOOOOONG week let me tell you. BUT - I had the 2nd u/s yesterday and they saw the heartbeat! :cheer: The RE was MUCH more positive, she even told me that she was sorry that she had caused us to worry. I am suprised that doctors dealing with people going through what we are going through aren’t much more sensitive.

Anyway, that being said… like everyone else said, drink plenty of water, (try to) relax and think positive thoughts. I :pray: that all goes well for you at your next u/s! Good luck!!

kcarr1120 ~ Sorry that you had an insensitive doc doing your u/s. I think all the ladies here have the right of it. Just try to relax and think positively until your next u/s. You have heard the HB once now and I am sure your little bundle of joy is doing just fine in there!

Lots of :babydust:!

Just an update…As it turned out my pregnancy was “not viable” and had stopped growing. I had a D&C yesterday. I am devastated and hate that I will have to go thru all this infertility stuff again…I’ll be back in Jan. ready to try again…
Katherine

[quote=kcarr1120]Just an update…As it turned out my pregnancy was “not viable” and had stopped growing. I had a D&C yesterday. I am devastated and hate that I will have to go thru all this infertility stuff again…I’ll be back in Jan. ready to try again…
Katherine[/quote]

Oh Kcarr1120, I am so sorry to hear about the m/c. :grouphug: I hope you start to feel better soon and I wish you luck in Jan when you start again.

Oh, Katherine, I’m so so sorry to hear your m/c! :grouphug: It’s such an emotional roller coaster. Best of luck to you in Jan. Hope you have try to relax during the holiday season, rest well and pamper yourself.

[quote=kcarr1120]Just an update…As it turned out my pregnancy was “not viable” and had stopped growing. I had a D&C yesterday. I am devastated and hate that I will have to go thru all this infertility stuff again…I’ll be back in Jan. ready to try again…
Katherine[/quote]

Katherine,
I am so sorry that you had to go through that! I :pray: that you will have great luck when you start again in Jan… and who knows what can happen in the meantime.