Some people just don't get it

After struggling to find an answer since May, I’ve finally been diagnosed with low progesterone. While it’s a relief to finally have an answer, it’s still difficult to deal with the fact that there is something wrong. I’m happy one minute, then crying the next.

After relaying the news to others, each one has responded the same way - “Oh, well that’s easy to fix! You shouldn’t have anything to worry about!!” Even though I’m hopeful that the Clomid will work, the point is I’m still trying to deal with all the emotional issues that come with TTC, not being able to naturally and freaking out over having to take the Clomid. So whether I’m given the “magic fix” or not, let me have some time to digest the news and not expect me to be all fine and dandy with the diagnosis!

Sorry. I needed to vent today… :mad:

[QUOTE=Teacherie]After struggling to find an answer since May, I’ve finally been diagnosed with low progesterone. While it’s a relief to finally have an answer, it’s still difficult to deal with the fact that there is something wrong. I’m happy one minute, then crying the next.

After relaying the news to others, each one has responded the same way - “Oh, well that’s easy to fix! You shouldn’t have anything to worry about!!” Even though I’m hopeful that the Clomid will work, the point is I’m still trying to deal with all the emotional issues that come with TTC, not being able to naturally and freaking out over having to take the Clomid. So whether I’m given the “magic fix” or not, let me have some time to digest the news and not expect me to be all fine and dandy with the diagnosis!

Sorry. I needed to vent today… :mad:[/QUOTE]

Despite their lack of tactfulness just know in your heart that they have not been through what you have been through and therefore are clueless and are doing their best to make you feel better; even though it is actually making you feel worse. Try confiding in someone that will be able to discuss things with you in a more compassionate and understanding way. This board is full of women going through similiar circumstances so when all else fails just go here. Feel free to vent anytime as it is not good keeping it in. (((HUGS)))

I’m sorry you’re having to adjust to this news. I feel awful for saying this, but I had the same reaction the other women you mentioned had when I saw the first sentence of your post - I figured you were going to go on to say how happy you were you finally had a diagnosis that you could treat relatively easily. When I read further I wanted to take it back - having no explanation for my IF myself I never really thought about how I’d adjust if I suddenly knew what was wrong. At least I can go into every month thinking that this might be the month.

I hope you are able to work through the frustration and vent here if you need to and move on and have the happy health pregnancy you want!

Hi Teacherie! I have the same problem (low progesterone). Even though you can put your finger on the infertility issue now, it doesn’t take away the frustration.

One thing I did want to let you know…Clomid can actually thin your uterine lining which is bad for us low progesterone girls. I would definitely recommend bringing this up to your doctor. There are plenty of options out there. I was so scared to take any kind of medication at the beginning because it really is very scary and intimidating. It takes time to get to the point where the negative aspect of taking medication outweigh the benefits of a baby.

:babydust: :babydust: I really wish you all the best! :babydust::babydust:

I am happy to hear that you were finally diagnosed, even though finding out that you have an actual problem is hard news to take. I was unexplained for 2.5years and when they finally diagnosed my luteal phase disorder (progesterone issues like yourself) I was actually relieved to know the issue. I hated doing treatments without knowing what the real problem was, and often wonder if they had known my problem from the get go could things have been different.

Make sure you are on some form of progesterone after you ovulate. For so many of my IUI’s they never had me on anything and I would get my period after 7days. It was horrible. Progesterone in Oil did not work for me, but when I switched to my second RE she had me on Crinone 8% gel. DH and I were on a fertility treatment break at the time, but decided to try on our own with the crinone. Two months after using it DH and I conceived naturally.

I know it’s frustrating when everyone’s first reaction is happiness that you now know your problem, but it will really help to pinpoint what treatments you need instead of just guessing what will and won’t work. I hope things go well for you and you get that BFP a.s.a.p!! :babydust: