Someone PLEASE explain to me what is going on!?


#1

I was told last Wednesday on 11/3 that my HcG was at 44 and to stop progesterone and just wait on the m/c. It has been 3 days. I am cramping horribly to the point of having to take pain medication. I am not spotting or bleeding. With my levels already being low can anyone tell me when I am supposed to start bleeding. I am getting afraid this is ectopic but from what 2 doctor’s have said my numbers weren’t high enough to be ectopic. I cannot stand to be in this limbo. I am ready to move forward, and begin the healing process and I just can’t seem to do that with there being no bleeding. By my LMP I am 4 weeks and 6 days. Any advice would be much appreciated. Someone just help me understand what is going on.


#2

why aren’t they doing another beta test just to be sure? chances are, with a beta that low you are not cramping from the ectopic. I didn’t start any pain with mine until my beta was already around 3300. but everyone is different. if nothing happens tomorrow I would call and ask them to do another beta.

I am sorry you are having to go through this…:grouphug:


#3

I am very sorry for your loss. I think your body is reacting to discontinuing the P4 and trying to start the bleeding. Just think of when AF comes, sometimes cramps precede the flow. If you are still having difficulty, call your RE office. You have the right to some guidance and information. They should check your beta level again sometime this week anyway to make sure it is declining. I am sorry you are having to go through this… hang in there! :grouphug:


#4

Thank you both for your responses. I did call my RE tonight after I posted this because the cramps would not let up even taking the pain medication. He told me to go straight to the ER, so I did. The ER doctor checked me and said my cervix was still high and closed and soft and my mucus plug was still in place. They did a beta there and my beta Wednesday was 44 and tonight it was 43. They did an ultra sound and they did see a cyst on my left ovary that is 1.3cm and I told them that was the side that had the most mature follicles on it. She also said my tubes were clear and that both ovaries have blood flow to them. She then told me that I do have some blood already in the uterus but it is not coming out YET. What they are calling this is a “threatened abortion” and I was told to stay on strict bed rest and follow up with my OB Monday. The doctor was pretty certain that the bleeding will start within a few days and that we just need to make sure my levels go down, because right now they are just staying within the same range. I told her that honestly I feel a bit of relief with what she told me because honestly I am ready for this to pass so I can move forward. She did tell me that as soon as I start bleeding to count that as Day 1 of my cycle. I am pretty sure we are going to have to watch this cyst and make sure it is gone, but I am pretty certain it will rupture when the bleeding begins. This is just a roller coaster of emotions, but I feel like I’m finally going to get my closure I have been waiting on.

Thank you again for your concerns and responses. It’s nice to know I am not alone in this. :grouphug: