Staggered IVF Anyone?

Has anyone done Staggered IVF?

How many embryos made it to day 5 for freezing?

I’m afraid I’m going to get there and have nothing left to freeze.

Experiences???

Hello, my first IVF will be a staggered IVF with a FET 53 after the ER. My IVF cycle wont start until March 2013. I’ll be put on BCP once my February AF shows up.

I dont have any experiences to give you regarding how many made it to blastocyst but I wanted to say Good Luck! :babydust:

Wow. Who are you going through, can I ask? Or, at least, where are you located? I’m in the Chicagoland area and will probably have RGI do the aCGH. Although, I’m still thinking about FISH because of the much lower costs.

Any reason you’re doing ICSI?

Dr. Nemiro in Scottsdale, Arizona. We are doing ICSI because the IVF coordinator said the fertilization rates are higher than normal . Technically we don’t need to but my DH says we better be safe than sorry. He was happier knowing one single sperm will be injected directly into the cytoplasm (the center) of the egg. Rather than having traditional IVF where the sperm are placed close to the egg and must successfully enter. This was more of his personal preference choice.

I googled aCHG & FISH bc I didn’t know what they meant and came across your post from yesterday. To me that’s a tough one. You have two children and your twins were chromosomally normal. FISH might be okay but then again spending a little more for the aCGH might be good so you cover all your bases. Has anyone ever suggested a RPL protocol? You’ve had 5 miscarriages. Your problem isn’t getting pg (bc they were natural conceptions). My RPL protocol includes CoQ10, vitamin D, calcium magnesium, Heparin (due to RPL), Prednisone, Folic Acid (due to MTHFR), Neevo DHA. All of my labs have come back normal but my RE still put me on his standard RPL protocol. Also, I’ve been seeing my new RE since Nov 2012. My OLD RE wasn’t so helpful / bright.

[QUOTE=Webelieveinmiracles]Dr. Nemiro in Scottsdale, Arizona. We are doing ICSI because the IVF coordinator said the fertilization rates are higher than normal . Technically we don’t need to but my DH says we better be safe than sorry. He was happier knowing one single sperm will be injected directly into the cytoplasm (the center) of the egg. Rather than having traditional IVF where the sperm are placed close to the egg and must successfully enter. This was more of his personal preference choice.

I googled aCHG & FISH bc I didn’t know what they meant and came across your post from yesterday. To me that’s a tough one. You have two children and your twins were chromosomally normal. FISH might be okay but then again spending a little more for the aCGH might be good so you cover all your bases. Has anyone ever suggested a RPL protocol? You’ve had 5 miscarriages. Your problem isn’t getting pg (bc they were natural conceptions). My RPL protocol includes CoQ10, vitamin D, calcium magnesium, Heparin (due to RPL), Prednisone, Folic Acid (due to MTHFR), Neevo DHA. All of my labs have come back normal but my RE still put me on his standard RPL protocol. Also, I’ve been seeing my new RE since Nov 2012. My OLD RE wasn’t so helpful / bright. [/QUOTE].

Thank you. I’ve been doing 600 mg CoQ10, 2000iu vitamin d, low dose aspirin, 1600 mcg folic acid, 1000 mg fish oil a multi vitamin and 75 mg DHEA on my own. I now wonder if I need the DHEA or is the DHEA the reason my tests results came back so good? Anyways, the doc wants to do a hysteroscopy before transfer (which I’ve done before but I’m all for doing again since it shows good results) and heparin. I’m not sure about the heparin. The latest studies show no benefit if you don’t have a known clotting problem, but it doesn’t seem to hurt anything either.

What is the calcium magnesium supposed to help with? Does your doc have any other recommendations? I’m thinking about asking for Intralipids. Any thoughts on that?

What is staggered IVF?

It’s a freeze-all cycle. All of your embryos are frozen, and some are thawed in a later cycle. It’s supposed to provide a better endometrium that way, and it can allow more time for genetic test results to come back.

[QUOTE=Ghost]It’s a freeze-all cycle. All of your embryos are frozen, and some are thawed in a later cycle. It’s supposed to provide a better endometrium that way, and it can allow more time for genetic test results to come back.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. I am doing a egg banking cycle. Just had ER yesterday and freezing them and doing another cycle in April and FET the following month

Yes suma. Same thing. You got 5 embryos? I assume its an embryo banking cycle vs. an egg banking cycle? What day are you freezing them at?

Sometimes you might have late blasts on day 6 also.S, God forbid, if they told you none reached blast stage on day 5, ask them about the cell develoment.It happened to me that by day 5 I didnt have any blast, but on day 6, I had 4 out of which 2 were CGH normal.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][B]Xerxella[/B] - Sorry I haven’t responded. IDK much about intralipids, but a woman on another board is going to start that protocol with my RE sometime in March/April IVF cycle. She’s on the RPL board. Is that daily shots of lovexox? Have you test positive for NK cells? [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][B]Suma[/B] – Good luck with your upcoming transfer. [/FONT][/SIZE]

Egg banking usually refers to freezing unfertilized eggs. That is common for long term fertility preservation, but unusual for short-term freezing like you describe. Embryo banking is more common for short-term freezing.

You are banking two sets of eggs/embryos. That might make a lot of sense. For example, if you have genetic testing on them after they are warmed/thawed, you will only need to pay the fee for one batch of embryos, not two batches.

Mine is an egg banking cycle- so we freezed the eggs that were retrived. Friday had the retrival - got 5 eggs but by sat on 4 survived and were frozen.
We are not fertilzing them this time. My RE has this weird protocol he uses - he claims its not a cost issue and that the eggs are strogner once frozen. Anways
I will be doing another cycle in April and then all the eggs will be fertilized and frozen. Will do a FEt the following month. Its a long protocol - but this way I get more embies to choose from for transfer - works good for DOR

Suma - That seems like an unusual protocol. Eggs (oocytes) are usually considered weaker than embryos and don’t do as well when frozen.

And, most things I read say it weakens the eggs/embryos to freeze them twice and it’s not recommended.

Can I ask where you’re going? It’s all very interesting.

Xerxella - I have heard that too. But it was either trust the RE or not! So am just going to go with his protcol. I am going to Dr. Zouves in Foster city, CA. It is unusual but I have heard Dr. Zouves tries these new things all the time. Just hope its not too bad - coz each and every egg for me is very precious.