Started clomid about 4-5 months ago

I started clomid about 4-5 months ago with no success…i was thought of having pcos because irregular periods…my blood work tests are saying my ovaries are working…i am taking 3 pills of clomid days 3-7 along with 1500 of metformin…i also am taking thyroid meds because i had an under active thyroid, which is now stable…My question is, what is the reasoning for different women having different days to take the clomid…should i switch because of the pcos to days 5 -9? i dont understand why everyone has different days. pls help pass some info if you can

Clomid is most successful as the first line of treatment for women who experience irregular or absent menstrual cycles. Clomid can also be used for women who ovulate normally, but who have otherwise unexplained infertility. Clomid treatment generally results in a 10 percent pregnancy rate per cycle, even when combined with intrauterine insemination (IUI). There are several factors that may influence how many cycles of Clomid you should attempt before moving on to a more advanced line of treatment under the care of a reproductive endocrinologist. Patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), anovulation, or irregular periods taking Clomid without ultrasound monitoring: Women under 38 should attempt no more than six cycles. Women 38 and over should attempt no more than three cycles. Patients taking Clomid with ultrasound monitoring: Women under 37 should attempt no more than three to four cycles. Women 37 or older should move on to more advanced treatment immediately. Every patient’s treatment plan is unique and the type of treatment is based on the age, diagnosis, and medical history of the patient. We take a stepped-approach to treatment, starting with the simplest, most affordable treatment options first and move up to more advanced treatments only if needed. More than half of all treatment cycles we do are considered low tech.