Started Follistim on 2 days ago

Hi everyone,
Just started my follistim injections at 75 units on the 16th of this month. I had a total of 5 IUI’s done so far with follistim. I had one miscarriage and 2 biochemical pregnancies so far and so scared for this cycle. I will be doing IUI this month and would love to be in this journey with you wonderful ladies. Good luck to all of you.
Beth.

:cross: that you get your :bfp: this month Beth!! Good Luck!

[QUOTE=beth302]Hi everyone,
Just started my follistim injections at 75 units on the 16th of this month. I had a total of 5 IUI’s done so far with follistim. I had one miscarriage and 2 biochemical pregnancies so far and so scared for this cycle. I will be doing IUI this month and would love to be in this journey with you wonderful ladies. Good luck to all of you.
Beth.[/QUOTE]

Sending positive vibes your way!! :cross:

Hi Beth
I will be starting follistum tomorrow night also at 75 units. This is my 3rd time using follistum with ovidrel but my first iui I am nervous because its the only iui I get before moving to ivf

best wishes for a bfp! are you on any progesterone supplements during your 2ww?

Thank you

Thank you, all! Really nervous about it, because of the previous 3 losses. Yes, I will be taking progesterone during the 2WW. Tomorrow will be my 2nd ultrasound/bloodwork. I will keep you guys updated. Sending prayers for all of you ladies. :babydust:

Estrogen levels going down :frowning:

Hi ladies,
After 8 days of Follistim, my E2 levels went down from 135 (yesterday) -78 (today). I dont know whats happening, but giving it to God’s hands. Has this happened to any of you? :pray: :pray: :pray:

That has not happened to me ( yet). Did you have an ultrasound to see if your follicles are still growing? Maybe it was just a lab error. When do u get it checked again? Looks like I am a couple days behind you. I am on day 8 and just had my ultrasound and labs I only have 2 follicles a 9 and a 11 and my estradiol seems low at 80. I go back in on Thursday. Keep me posted good luck:flower:

beth, if you go to the injectibles part of this site and do a search, you’ll see many women have struggled with this issue. the dose drops and their estrogen drops. it’s a very nuanced balancing it. some are able to pick it back up, others need to wait until the next cycle. there are lots of insightful, experienced, and supportive people there who may be able to help you.

Thanks Puglove and Becca. I will check with injectable’s forum

here’s one thread in particular that I remembered: http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/injectibles/2020210028-not-responding.html

Thanks Becca for pointing out that thread! I read through all 15 pages and it was reassuring. I am also a slow responder, I usually am on follistim for 16 days and have my IUI on cycle day 20!! I just hope this cycle works! Congrats to you and :pray: for a healthy rest of your pregnancy!

^ thanks, best wishes to you! what’s your protocol/dose this time around? i don’t see it in your signature.

Just updated the sig Becca! I am on the low/slow protocol. I was on 75 units of follistim from days 3-8, and they increased it to 112.5 now due to the low estrogen levels. I will have another ultrasound/blood work this Friday. I am also on Aspirin 81 mg. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=beth302]Hi ladies,
After 8 days of Follistim, my E2 levels went down from 135 (yesterday) -78 (today). I dont know whats happening, but giving it to God’s hands. Has this happened to any of you? :pray: :pray: :pray:[/QUOTE]

I had this happen, well not that low- but pretty low for having 3 follicles.
3 follicles all 18-20 in size, my Estrogen was only like 150 :frowning:
He had me do more injections, more bloodwork- E2 went to like 210. Next night more injections, bloodwork was like 300. I blew threw 2 syringes of Folitism.
I was so scared that we would miss our window and the follies/I would ovulate…

Let’s just say I wasn’t betting on anything at the time.

10 weeks pregnant now!

Fingers crossed. I need to read the rest of this thread-
thinking of you! E2 was always a let down EVERY CYCLE for me :frowning:

I’m on aspirin 81mg and progesteron vaginal 200mg too! (well the progesterone ended at 10 wks)

ilovemyjob: Thanks for sharing the story! Congrats on your pregnancy. I go back to the doc tomorrow, we will see what happens. :pray::pray::pray:

Update

So I went to the doc this morning, the follicles are still small. I got a few 11’s and a bunch of others. The E2 was 549 today. I hope things work this time around. :frowning: The doc still wants me to continue the follistim, since the E2 levels are increasing. We will see how this goes. :pray::pray::pray:
Good luck to everyone on this board! Sending some prayers for all of you!:pray:

you’re not out yet! the e2 suggests you have 2-3 follies maturing. sounds promising!