Started seeing my GYN and she put me on Clomid

I don’t see an RE anymore, got way too expensive, so I started seeing my GYN and she put me on Clomid. Well, I go every month to check my progesterone level before she prescribes more Clomid. I had a 7.6 last month and it was not even 7dpo, so they told me I did not ovulate, so she bumped my dose up to 100mg. This month, I didn’t get my progesterone test until CD26 (not sure when I ovulated exactly, got first peak on CD14) and it was at 8.6 and I told them that I have been having brown spotting and feeling like :af: will be here anytime, (but it’s not that much) since Saturday, which was CD24-CD26 and she told me again that I did not ovulate. I don’t understand how they can say I didn’t ovulate. I ovulate on my own before taking the Clomid, I would start the same date each month and I still start around the same date each month. Usually I spot before starting :af: and then it just keeps getting heavier and my period begins, but this time it is crazy, I am just having spotting that is hardly anything and cramping, but no period or “red” blood.

Sorry for it being so long…but can anyone help me understand if I did or did not ovulate??? :grr: :grr: :grr:

[quote=bhuckaby]I don’t see an RE anymore, got way too expensive, so I started seeing my GYN and she put me on Clomid. Well, I go every month to check my progesterone level before she prescribes more Clomid. I had a 7.6 last month and it was not even 7dpo, so they told me I did not ovulate, so she bumped my dose up to 100mg. This month, I didn’t get my progesterone test until CD26 (not sure when I ovulated exactly, got first peak on CD14) and it was at 8.6 and I told them that I have been having brown spotting and feeling like :af: will be here anytime, (but it’s not that much) since Saturday, which was CD24-CD26 and she told me again that I did not ovulate. I don’t understand how they can say I didn’t ovulate. I ovulate on my own before taking the Clomid, I would start the same date each month and I still start around the same date each month. Usually I spot before starting :af: and then it just keeps getting heavier and my period begins, but this time it is crazy, I am just having spotting that is hardly anything and cramping, but no period or “red” blood.

Sorry for it being so long…but can anyone help me understand if I did or did not ovulate??? :grr: :grr: :grr:[/quote]

Are you doing any other forms of tracking your cycles? Temp, taking OPKs, etc? Doing both of those you’ll definately be able to see if you are actually ovulating or not. Not every woman ovulates normally on cycle date 14 - so it can be hard to time when to check your progesterone if you don’t actually know when you’ve ovulated. Sometimes Clomid can have weird effects on your body and if you were ovulating before you took Clomid than maybe Clomid isn’t the right medication for you. Has GYN done any other kinds of tests to verify if you ovulate or not? Ultrasounds on CD 12 to see if you are producing follicles? What were your progesterone levels before you started taking Clomid?

I would talk to your GYN about whether Clomid is right for you or not. I wouldn’t just assume that because your progesterone levels are coming in low that you’re not ovulating. There are so many factors. How are your other hormone levels? Is your FSH okay?

I totally understand a RE is so expensive but a downside of seeing a GYN is that trying to help people get pregnant is not their primary focus so you have to really fight for what is best for you. I would express these concerns to your GYN.

Good luck with everything! Keep us posted!

CD26 seems too late to be checking progesterone levels. 7DPO is right around when that should be checked. What CD are you on now?

[QUOTE=mandyrhea]CD26 seems too late to be checking progesterone levels. 7DPO is right around when that should be checked. What CD are you on now?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I wouldn’t really trust the test results as they could have been done too early or too late. Maybe next month they can do it 7dpo. When scheduling the appt for bloodwork I would tell them when u got your peak and then schedule it 7 days from then.

Another way to see if you are actually ovulating is to track your waking temps. The day after you ovulate you see a large jump in temp. There’s an awesome book that helps with this - it’s called Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Teri Weschler. OPKs are great to tell you when you have your LH surge but they won’t tell you if you’ve actually ovulated - temps will tell you this.

Good luck!

A person suppose to have their progesterone levels tested 7days after you ovulated. It don’t matter if you ovulate on day 21 you go 7 days later for the test. If it is 10 or more on the progesterone test then you did ovulate but if not a 10 you didn’t ovulate. If I was you I would do ovulation testing 3 days after you take your last pill too see when get the LH surge then count from the day you get your surge to 7 days then go for a progesterone test it can’t be too early or too late or it will not give the correct readings.