Starting my embryo adoption journey

Hello all!

I have had a surgery to remove a uterine septum (basically a wall dividing my uterus in half length wise).I am now in great reproductive health. Heartbreakingly though my husband has been diagnosed with azoospermia, zero sperm count.

We want to complete our family though so badly and are trying to pursue embryonic adoption. It has been very hard so far, we found an agency in Ontario who will work with us.

Financially it has been a nightmare, I am still a student and my husband is going back to school he wants to be an Orthodox priest and I want to be a social worker.

I have turned into a crazy person it feels like sometimes, just breaking down into tears when confronted with things to do with infants. I just hate the pain that never seems to fully leave with infertility.

My support network is saying that “oh you are young, you have time” or “you are lucky not to be burdened with children” or other things that just hurt and don’t help.

It hurts so much going through each day not having that little miracle that would make me complete. Right now I am just trying to find a way to make it work with embryo adoption, trying to find a way to have the big family I have always wanted, trying to have the future I want, trying to stop the ache that fills me everyday.

I am so glad to be able to find people who understand.

I’m leaving to go to Reprofit in CZ on 6/5 and I’ll be transferring 2 donor embies. It’s suprisingly very cheap there. I hope this is finally it though. I’m ready for this time in my life to be over.

I know what you mean. It doesn’t matter if you are “young,” but want kids now and can’t have them. I hope embryo donation is the key for us all!

Butterfly, Rach, & Jenn&Matt,

I want you all to know that I will pray for each of you each and every night until our journeys end with a bfp! This is a hard yet exciting time for us and we need each other for encouragement and support. For some reason our journeys have led us in an unusual path to obtain a baby…I believe God wants this for me. As of today I have finished the home study interviews. We still have to do our fingerprints and phyicals and a few other minor things but the worst is over. To be honest the home study wasn’t hard I expected it to be but it wasn’t. Now I have to wait for the report and the NEDC to contact me. I am guessing it will be September before we do embryo transfer which is OK with me. I will keep you posted and hope you do the same. :slight_smile:

I understand completely what you are going through. I am rejoining these boards after having 2 children through IVF. For me, the pain never went away, even Witt the birth of 2 children. I went on to develop health problems and so did one of my children and I am now in trauma counseling. The infertility time in my life was so impact full that it changed me forever.

I’m so sorry that you are going through this. You are becoming the person you are going to be, if that makes any sense. Getting to that person can seem almost impossible some days. I hope today is a good day.

Still trying to get things in order to do an EA. Husband is having a lot of trouble coming to terms that he will likely never have his own children. I just don’t know how to handle everything sometimes.

We are trying to find an EA that the donors are physically similiar to us and want a closed adoption. I am just not ready for an open adoption. There are so few embies out there for adoption though it is very hard to wait!

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and words.

Hello,
Just checking to see if anyone had good news? My appointment with NEDC is October 9th, it can’t come fast enough. They said that the transfer would be in January. I’ve been watching you tube embryo adoption stories and find the info very helpful.

embryo donation to share

Hi everyone;
I have been ttc since I was 41, I am 45 now. I was going to have a ivf cycle with a donor I have and share the embryos with another family. Well that family has become naturally pregnant, so, I am now looking for another family. I am only transferring once, and thought it best to share a cycle and bless 2 families. Anyone knowing of a family that would be interested pls msg me. I had the cycle to be scheduled for sept 2013. thank you.

[quote=ceruleanbutterfly]Hello all!

I have had a surgery to remove a uterine septum (basically a wall dividing my uterus in half length wise).I am now in great reproductive health. Heartbreakingly though my husband has been diagnosed with azoospermia, zero sperm count.

We want to complete our family though so badly and are trying to pursue embryonic adoption. It has been very hard so far, we found an agency in Ontario who will work with us.

Financially it has been a nightmare, I am still a student and my husband is going back to school he wants to be an Orthodox priest and I want to be a social worker.

I have turned into a crazy person it feels like sometimes, just breaking down into tears when confronted with things to do with infants. I just hate the pain that never seems to fully leave with infertility.

My support network is saying that “oh you are young, you have time” or “you are lucky not to be burdened with children” or other things that just hurt and don’t help.

It hurts so much going through each day not having that little miracle that would make me complete. Right now I am just trying to find a way to make it work with embryo adoption, trying to find a way to have the big family I have always wanted, trying to have the future I want, trying to stop the ache that fills me everyday.

I am so glad to be able to find people who understand.[/quote]

I wanted to update with my good news… I had my donor embies transferred on 6/14. I ended up with a BFP, and doubling betas. My first u/s will be 7/12.
I really liked Repofit! They matched the embryos to us, including features and blood type. I found out that our embryos were frozen on 8/31/11, coincidentally about a week after my first IVF. That means that my donor and I were stimming at the same time. Very ironic, yet it feels so meant to be!

:pray: those are really good beta numbers:bsv:
blessing to you

[quote=luv4rachela]I wanted to update with my good news… I had my donor embies transferred on 6/14. I ended up with a BFP, and doubling betas. My first u/s will be 7/12.
I really liked Repofit! They matched the embryos to us, including features and blood type. I found out that our embryos were frozen on 8/31/11, coincidentally about a week after my first IVF. That means that my donor and I were stimming at the same time. Very ironic, yet it feels so meant to be![/quote]

[QUOTE=luv4rachela]I wanted to update with my good news… I had my donor embies transferred on 6/14. I ended up with a BFP, and doubling betas. My first u/s will be 7/12.
I really liked Repofit! They matched the embryos to us, including features and blood type. I found out that our embryos were frozen on 8/31/11, coincidentally about a week after my first IVF. That means that my donor and I were stimming at the same time. Very ironic, yet it feels

Whoo Hoo! Congrts Rach,
I’m sure you are just over the moon happy:-) wishing you a happy, healthy 9 months. Please keep me posted. :clap: do you want a boy or girl?

Toni- It will be a stressful first trimester, but I’m happy I made it past the 1st u/s. I’m on prednisone and intralipids this time, so I hope it makes the difference.
I would love to have a daughter, just because my mom and I are very close, but with my history, I’m not feeling very choosey. The main thing I hope for is a close relationship with my LO boy or girl.

Hello ladies…may I chim in.

I believe my FET w/normal chromosome embryos is a failure. I’m devasted and looking for a back up plan.

My DH and I are considering embryo adoption or another round of IVF but outside the States. For we just can’t afford a third round here in the US.*If you ladies don’t mind sharing your info I would greatly appreciate it. Like…cost, process time, can you do gender selection, are they all PGD normal, can you see what the parents look like, etc? But mainly cost and location is what I’m looking at. If we did IVF I’m not sure where to go…maybe Mexico?

Thanks for your time and support. I’m really hoping that somehow…someway…I’ll get my THB

Hello Rach, I am so happy that things are looking good for your little bean. I love little girls too! something about dressing them up, putting their hair in pig tails, etc…I would like to have a girl, but I would be happy either way. How are you feeling? Have you had morning sickness? as for me I am still waiting for my first appt which isn’t until October! our home study is completed but they never received my work reference so I had them send it again. I was told the first appt will be about 2 hours and then once cleared they will email us profiles which match our desires. I read somewhere that they email all the recipients at one time so you have to choose quickly or you lose out. This scares me little not enough to give up!. Keep me posted.

[QUOTE=kemiracle]Hello ladies…may I chim in.

I believe my FET w/normal chromosome embryos is a failure. I’m devasted and looking for a back up plan.

My DH and I are considering embryo adoption or another round of IVF but outside the States. For we just can’t afford a third round here in the US.*If you ladies don’t mind sharing your info I would greatly appreciate it. Like…cost, process time, can you do gender selection, are they all PGD normal, can you see what the parents look like, etc? But mainly cost and location is what I’m looking at. If we did IVF I’m not sure where to go…maybe Mexico?

Thanks for your time and support. I’m really hoping that somehow…someway…I’ll get my THB[/QUOTE]

Hello;
Im sorry that no one has responded to you, do you still need info? if so I would be happy to share what I know so far. Let me know.knowledgeable

Toni- I’m doing well! I have no symptoms at all, which causes me stress, but I suppose I should be happy about it. My u/s yesterday was a big time relief!! In the past, I’ve never made it this far. I’m hoping I’lll reach a point where I can just enjoy myself 100%. Btw- I spoke with Kemiracle a week ago about donor embies, and told her about my clinic in CZ, and about a clinic in Reno NV.

Hello Mom to be Rach,
It sounds as though everything is going great! Stay positive and enjoy your pregnancy:-) when I had my son I had not one symptom nothing, never sick not once! I gained very little weight, but I gave birthto a very healthy 8 lb 15 oz son, so don’t worry about it. I say its Gods way of saying hey you’ve gone through so much to get pregnant that l i will spare you. I’m counting the days til my big appt. Its hard to wait so long I just want to get pregnant. I’m so excited for you enjoy this ttime:-)

Rach, I’m so happy to read of your BFP!!! Congrats! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy:)

Kem, I would check out California Conceptions in Davis, CA. It’s a donor embryo program (double donors), you get 3 transfers for $12,500 and thanks to them we are expecting our twin girls in less than 3 weeks! There is a wonderful board on Baby Center that has loads of info and people who have been successful or are going through the program right now. Google “California Conceptions BabyCenter” and you’ll find it. Hope that helps!

Ceruleanbutterfly- (and Toni#123)
I can empathize with your situation. I am 39, DH 37. Never on bc. ttc 3yrs (put work first for too many years). Never had a pg, mc, anything of the sort. My egg quantity and quality aren’t great so my DH (of nearly 10yrs) and I have not been able to conceive. I feel horrible that I am the limiting factor and it pains me to know my husbands heart aches for his own bio child. (as does mine, but I care more about his heart) Lord knows he deserves a child of his own and more. I was told by my RE that my only option was IVF, but IVF did not sit right with me because of the compromising of embryos if any had to be frozen knowing the 51% survivability rate, and that the RE won’t implant any embryos with genetic defects.

We just had our consult at NEDC. I sure wish I had someone to talk to about all of this. They want me to have a D&C prior to FET which I’m kind of freaked out about. Not certain exactly why since I don’t have polyps. There was mention of it creating a better platform/base for the lining or something. Good golly, I don’t know. I guess most women have done IVF before they get to Donor Embryos, but I haven’t. These are uncharted waters for me. In addition, insurance won’t cover this procedure, I’m certain and I’m afraid with the hospital costs it will be an insane amount of money because my RE up here (not the one doing the FET in another state) uses the hospital not her ofc for these procedures. Taking these pills has me freaked out too. I don’t know what the heck this stuff is doing to me, and do I really need it? I feel like I’m messing around with my body when I shouldn’t be (I hate drugs unless it’s motrin!). I keep asking God what he thinks, but I don’t hear anything back… I think I have a bad signal! :smiley: I’m just going to sit here and laugh at myself for kind of freaking out. I’m like a duck… Calm, cool, and collected, but when you look under water…I’m paddling like hell!

Hello Flyflorida,

I completely understand how you feel. My initial appointment with NEDC isn’t until October :frowning: I don’t know about the d&c but I’m sure someone else will. These boards are great places to get lots of information as well share your feelings. I’ve watch every YouTube video out there about embryo adoption and you should too if you haven’t yet. God put this option in your mind for some reason…you have to almost let go and leave it up to God if its meant to be it will be a smooth process (expenses will have a way of getting paid) I didn’t do Ivf I was going to but with the odds against me due to age and the cost something kpt telling me to check out embryo adoption and it feels right for me. At times I second guess myself but overall I feel happy and excited about this journey. I don’t have anyone to talk to about this they would not understand…my friends have 20 year olds. (Yikes) I would be happy to talk about it with you :slight_smile: talk to you soon.