Starting on basal body temp....confused

So… I am not sure if this message will receive a reply or not, but I thought I should at least try.
My husband and I are trying to conceive our third child, but for some reason it has been difficult. I am 30 yrs old and my husband is 43 and we have never had any issues conceiving our first twi kids. I have been monitoring my basal temp and I seem to be ovulating as there is a peak in temperature around the “right time” of the month, but soon after, my temperature drops. This is my first time monitoring this time around, but last year I also did the same thing and I seemed to have the same issue and I was not able to conceive. My doctor thought that it would be a good idea to start me on the climid, but I am kind of hesitant, specially since my husband works out of town a lot and some months might be hard to make sure we have intercourse in the right times… what advices would you have?
Thank you

My ovulation doesn’t happen like clockwork (if it happens at all), so I have a hard time keeping up with ovulation tests or basal body temp. So I’m the wrong person to ask, but I wanted to say hi and welcome you here! I know there are phone aps that help with basal body temp and there’s a clomid thread in the treatments forum section here. I would ask around there about it. I took it and it didn’t help me, but I know many it has helped. :slight_smile: