Still in awe ...

I haven’t posted here in a while. But I want to ‘show up’ for a minute and let everyone know that there IS hope for even the most hopeless stories. I was told I had a less than 1% chance of ever having my own biological child. One cold doctor said I had so few eggs left and what I had was no good. He said even if I got pregnant, it wouldn’t last, the baby would be very sick. I had gone through 3 unsuccessful IUIs, was saving up for donor IVF, all those things we do to keep busy, to keep a future plan in sight. Well during some time off (we had just moved from Wyoming to Florida, were living with family, I had no job yet, you get the idea), it happened. We got pregnant naturally. I am still in shock, overjoyed, amazed that she’s in there and perfectly healthy, kicking as I write this. What a blessing. Please don’t anyone give up!

Congrats! Best wishes for a continued happy and healthy pregnancy!

Thank you, essemkay! Looks like you’re having some good news too. :slight_smile:

That is so exciting! What an inspiration! Keep us posted on your progress :slight_smile:

Hi everyone!!! I haven’t posted here in awhile because… well I don’t really know why… anyways… We have been TTC for years!! Last summer we did 3 IUI treatments… ALL failed… we took a break and I decided I was ready to try again… we did one in May and it failed… then had one on June 3rd and today I finally got my :bfp: :clap: I’m sooo excited! My HCG is pretty high at 126 so that looks good!!! So… everyone keep trying and keep your head up… it CAN happen!!!

Yep. Add me to the list of success stories. I still pinch myself almost daily to make sure it’s real…

I’m 44, and just figured my reproductive days were over. Of course, I met the man of my dreams, and he is 46 years old. We decided to take our chances and see if we might be able to overcome the odds. We always knew that the deck was statistically stacked against us, and in the end the most important thing is that we have each other. Bottom line.

Met with my RE doc in late January, and she ran all the appropriate lab work. All numbers were good for my age, but my AMH was dismal at 0.16. I was disappointed, but figured with insurance that paid for everything, why not give it a try?

We started our first round of IUI in April. Doc suggested this route just to up our odds, since we have no real fertility issues other than age. Round #1 didn’t work, but we decided early on, we would do at least 3-4 rounds of IUI before we discussed IVF.

May: same protocol, absolutely flawless timing, and at 14dpiui, I decided to POAS to see if I could have a martini the next night with company visiting. :wink:

:bfp: showed up bright and beautiful. I cried the happiest tears. Two things made me happiest that day: 1. I could actually still GET pregnant and 2. I saw two lines.

So, to those who say you’re too old, too unhealthy, too unrealistic, I say, eff them. Only YOU know your body, even when lab work might say otherwise. There’s no harm in trying, right? I am living proof that odds are just that: numbers.

Keep trying. Keep perspective. Keep on loving those in your life who deserve it.