Still Trying.... Keeping the HOPE

Hi there, I am new to these chat, blog, forums and this is my first post. I am feeling defeated today… and was the day before and the day before that. :grr: This staying positive gig is all I got, but man it wears on you month after month when you continue to see the negative test.

My husband and I have been trying for 13 months, have been told we are both healthy and have nothing extremely wrong for the reason for our IF. So that should be a good sign right? I am a healthy 28 year old female, ovulate regularly and recently just produced 2 mature follicles with our first round of Clomid. My husband is a healthy 29 year old, and his swimmers are just fine from our SA we did a few months back. Nothing came of it this month… Spotting and a negative test this morning, now trying to gain the strength and hope to try another round of Clomid next month.

Chelsea

Hi, Chelsea. I know how you feel; I just went through my first round of Clomid +HGC trigger+IUI which was unsuccessful. But you should really know that you are in a really really good position. You’re very young, your husband is young, and you’re both healthy. I can totally understand being impatient (I’m impatient about everything and it drives me crazy to not be able to fix whatever is wrong with me). But really it’s important to remember that you’re in a good position.

I also think it’s OK to be down for a few days. It’s natural, right? You were all geared up for something, it didn’t happen, and you’re disappointed. Give yourself a couple of days to digest those feelings.

Thank you very much Felicia! That really helped for me to remember the good things and know I am in a good position! I am sorry to hear about your unsuccessful try as well :frowning: I have repeated this over and over in my head… “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!”