Story and Regimen What to do next unsure?

Trying to concieve 1.5yrs. Wife checked out everything fine. I checked out low Motility and count. July 12 went on Clomid Nov SA count was low, December count was better, Jan did an iui count was low during iui didn’t take, took another SA count was low February count was better for IUI #2 but missed the egg drop March SA count was low. scrotal US normal. I am overall healthy eat, exercise don’t drink, drugs, caffeine. my counts are from 3.3mil to 4.4mil the other factors are minor improvements. I am going crazy I have been on Clomid since last July now I read Clomid and Fertilaid aren’t good together may have caused more harm than good. I stopped Clomid on my own March 10th '13.
Since Jan what I changed was now along with Clomid I am taking: My testosterone levels are great. The vitamins I take are Fertilblend, Countboost, MotilityBoost Broken down here is what they provide I take Mot/Count 2x a day and Fertil 3x a day.

MotilityBoost- 2 capsules- Vitamin B6 25mg B12 500mcg proprietay blend N-Acetyl Cysteine, Arginine, Quercitin, L-Carnitine, Mucuna Pruriens, CoQ10 1455mg

Count Boost -2 capsules- Vitamin C 500mg, Riboflavin 15mg, Niacin 25mg, B12 500mcg Proprietary blend Maca, d-Ribose, Withania Somnifera, Panax Ginseng, Mucuna Puriens, CoQ10, L-Glutathione 850mg

Fertilaid- 3 capsules- Vitamin A 5000IU, C 250mg, D 400IU, E 150IU, K 80mcg, Thiamin 1.5mg, Riboflavin 1.7mg, Niacin 20mg, B6 2mg, Folate 500mcg, B12 25mcg, Pantothenic Acid 10mg, Iodine 150mcg, Magnesium 120mg, Zinc 30mg, Selenium 100mcg, Copper 2mg, Manganese 2mg, Chromium 120mcg, Proprietary Blend L-Carnitine, Maca Root, Grape seed extract, Asian Ginseng Extract, C0Q10 890mg

Depends on how aggressive you want to be and how fast. Depends on your age and what you have been told your odds of conception are with your current levels doing IUI’s vs IVF.

In my husband and I’s case he had 20mil count and a slightly low motility. We thought he was good and I was the main problem, but after trying for nearly 2 yrs with stims and timed intercourse I wasn’t getting very good results as far as maturing eggs so we sought an RE. The RE did a ton of tests and it turned out my husband had antisperm antibodies covering 95% of his sperm so even if I had gotten a ton of mature eggs his sperm were heavy and couldn’t swim, couldn’t penetrate cervical mucus, and even if they had gotten to the egg they couldn’t penetrate the egg so…

Where I was hoping to move to IUI’s and more mature follicles we were given the recommendation for donor sperm or IVF with ICSI instead. For us that was like the worst news because we really couldn’t afford the $17,000-$20,000 we were quoted for the ICSI and the more affordable option of donor sperm wasn’t an option for us since we already have three bio children and didn’t feel that was a good route for us.

We ended up being able to find an IVF program at a reduced cost and then just saved our money for it and THANK GOD it worked the first try.

We were told that we could try with IUI’s with DH’s sperm, but there were no odds out really. The odds were like 0-40% after 4 IUI’s. Being 38 and 40 yrs old we just didn’t feel we had the time to waste trying like that so we went ahead with the IVF with ICSI.

I said all that just to say that how you proceed just depends on how old you are and how aggressive you want to be. Seems to me that if you could get over the male factor you would be in business so maybe considering a move to IVF would improve your odds.

Good Luck! :flower:

We will be trying IUI #3 probably next week and we might do 2 iuis not to miss the egg drop. We are trying to avoid IVF my wife is afraid of needles and dangers that she reads on IVF. I hope my regimen works. I am going to see if my urologist suggests something else to take or increase Clomid?

If Clomid hasn’t showed any improvements w/in 6 months for than likely it isn’t going to work at all. It didn’t for my DH and actually made his counts worse (no clue why!). They put him on Arimidex but that decreased his sex drive so badly he got off of it on his own. 3 - 4 million count isn’t out of the realm of possibilities to work for IUI, it’s just a matter of how many IUI’s are you willing to do? Some women on here have had it work within 3 tries with like 500k counts! It’s different for everyone. Theres other factors to take into account, like the above poster stated, you and your wife’s age is one. Has she been tested for everything? Has your urologist given any reason for your low counts? I know how you both feel about IVF - at this point I’m just not ready to consider that procedure, later down the road I might change my mind.

[QUOTE=xxnonamexx]We will be trying IUI #3 probably next week and we might do 2 iuis not to miss the egg drop. We are trying to avoid IVF my wife is afraid of needles and dangers that she reads on IVF. I hope my regimen works. I am going to see if my urologist suggests something else to take or increase Clomid?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a plan. Definitely helps to catch the egg drop too.

As far as the IVF: Totally understand your wife’s fears with IVF. I think that is perfectly natural. It is important to know that the injections are NOTHING compared to the fear of them. They just really are not a big deal as many of us find. Not even the IM injection of the trigger. The needle looks intimidating, but doesn’t hurt. Also, the Docs monitor very closely so serious OHSS and other complications are very rare. Of course I know that it is easier said than done when talking someone down from their fear ledge. If you end up having to go that route–Maybe try discussing all these concerns with a infertility counselor so that hopefully it will be as easy a cycle as possible.

However, it may very well be that you just need a couple more well timed IUI’s so I think you have a great plan that you should have hope in.
:pray:'ing with you that all works out well and soon for you both!! :babydust: :babydust:

In my case I didn’t find there was a choice, but IVF which was my worst fear too. I think when you find yourself in this position you just have to do what you have to do in order to reach the goal and it is surprising how when you come to that place you just find the strength within yourself to do it (ironically not so unlike giving birth actually). SO while I certainly understand both of your decisions to continue with the IUI’s (and I believe the possibility is there that they may work) and understand you aren’t ready to move to IVF–I also want to convey that should you end up needing to go the IVF route I know you both will find the strength to do it and move through it and absolutely won’t regret it when that BFP finally comes!!