Stress and Trying to get Pregnant

Ladies,
i know stress plays a major factor of why i am probably not pregnant. I know if i relax more and de-stress it may finally work. Every time i start a new protocol, you get anxious, your excited, all these emotions, the 2ww, and then once you get a BFN (not once but several times) you realize your stress factor has probably increased tremendously. You also have other factors such as work, your DH, etc that also plays a role. I know for me work is stressing me out and i feel like all my energy is on stressing.

What and how do you combat stress?!?! I’ve heard time and time again, if you stop stressing it may happen.

I’ve done acupuncture, its great at the moment, but of course i dont go everyday but once a week or so (it is costly) By the middle of the week, my stress has gone up again (to include an elevated blood pressure)

Any advice on how to stop stressing for a long period of time.

I want this to happen so bad, but i feel as if nothing is going right… i want a new position at work (i’ve been working on that and it is taking longer than normal, i need a new vehicle, i want to have a child, i want to do so much all at once but for financial reason it gets really difficult, especially with focus on spending money to have a child (whereas for others it happens naturally).

Any support that you can provide will be great.

[quote=missjay]Ladies,
i know stress plays a major factor of why i am probably not pregnant. I know if i relax more and de-stress it may finally work. Every time i start a new protocol, you get anxious, your excited, all these emotions, the 2ww, and then once you get a BFN (not once but several times) you realize your stress factor has probably increased tremendously. You also have other factors such as work, your DH, etc that also plays a role. I know for me work is stressing me out and i feel like all my energy is on stressing.

What and how do you combat stress?!?! I’ve heard time and time again, if you stop stressing it may happen.

I’ve done acupuncture, its great at the moment, but of course i dont go everyday but once a week or so (it is costly) By the middle of the week, my stress has gone up again (to include an elevated blood pressure)

Any advice on how to stop stressing for a long period of time.

I want this to happen so bad, but i feel as if nothing is going right… i want a new position at work (i’ve been working on that and it is taking longer than normal, i need a new vehicle, i want to have a child, i want to do so much all at once but for financial reason it gets really difficult, especially with focus on spending money to have a child (whereas for others it happens naturally).

Any support that you can provide will be great.[/quote]

Listen, I go to Cornell and they even did a study on this (results aren’t in yet), but I can tell you that on my two natural pregnancies, I was HIGHLY stressed. Actually on my second at 39 years old, the month i conceived was probably up there with one of the most stressful months of my life… my company was on verge of bankruptcy, my position was in jeorpardy, my husband and I were fighting all the time… we were on a weekend get away with son, but still… that month was over the top stressful. So I think that may play a role for some, but it’s minimal. So don’t let that get you upset. Don’t get me wrong, I think a totally stress free life would HELP… look at the Duggars. But I think throughout time, people have been under extreme stress (back in the old days, it was a heck of a lot harder life than we have… just surviving!) and people have been getting pregnant for centuries. So take that issue of the plate as another to get “stressed about”.

Try not get stressed out about being stressed! I’m sure it does play some roll in IF but just thinkg about the 100 million other women who get pregnant despite stress. It always drives me crazy when people tell me to stop stressing. I want to tell them, ‘you try going through the same process I am going through- emotionally, physically, financially, socially- and see how stressed you get.’ I feel like non IF people think that our IF issues are not real and that we are just too stressed out.

Great Points ladies.

I’m not sure what roll stress plays in BFP or BFN. I do know that the month I “gave up” was the month I got pregnant. I had pretty much written off that IUI could work for us so I was just going through the motions and was going to tell RE that I would be doing IVF the following month. I didn’t even act like I was in the 2ww…I exercised a lot more than I normally did in the 2ww, I ate whatever I wanted…I didn’t do any of the usual “tricks” like eating pineapple core or drinking 100% grape juice. I was just normal me and surprise, I got a BFP. I won’t say I didn’t have some stress, because I am human, but I sort of decided I was just going to enjoy life in spite of this thing that wasn’t going the way I had hoped. I certainly don’t think relaxing is all it takes to get pregnant, but perhaps a certain amount of indifference about the result can help. That’s easier said than done, I know. Distraction with things that you enjoy doing can help take your mind off the trying and the waiting. Good luck!!