Subchorionic hemorrhage


Has anyone had this? I did my first round of ivf and last weekend tested before my beta and it was bfn. Monday, I had my first beta of 21 and the nurse said it is positive but we are “on thin ice”. Came back Wednesday and it was 32, doctor called this time and said it went up 50% which is a min to him but since the number was so low, would have liked to see more. Friday it was 90 and they said to book an ob scan in a week to make sure it is growing in the right place. I was out of progesterone (crinone) on Friday and didn’t get some samples until 2pm. When I went to put it in, I had brown spotting. By dinner time, it was bright red and a lot of clotting and has been so since. It is now Sunday morning and I m still heavily bleeding with clots. The hpts still read positive. I talked to my doctor who said come back Monday for hcg and he hopes for the best. I am assuming I miscarried…but don’t get why my number almost tripled the same day. I have continued with my progesterone but worry it is falling right out with the blood. I take it and lay down for a couple of hours. I’ve read about SCH and wonder if that may be going on. I am 5 weeks today and still on progesterone so this amount of blood seems excessive for this early of a miscarriage. Anyone experience something similar? I’m barely able to get out of bed for fear of making a mess.


Hi Hedge, your story sounds somewhat similar to mine. I also completed my first round of IVF in August and had my first beta on Tuesday 8/13. It came back at 19 (and my nurse had the same reaction as yours). I was told to go back on Thursday to be retested. The next night (Wednesday), I also had some brown spotting on the crinone applicator, and woke up Thursday morning with pink spotting. I thought for sure that the beta would have decreased or gone back to zero when I went in that day. However, when they called with the results, it went up to 49. I still continued to have light bleeding the rest of the day. On Friday morning, TMI Alert I ended up passing a very large tissue clot (much bigger and different than any clot passed during a typical period). When I called the doctor, I was told I could stop all medications. I was also very surprised and confused that the number would have increased so much the day before when I was already bleeding and about to miscarry. I continued bleeding all weekend and when I went back on Monday, it had decreased to 16. It finally went back down to zero a few days later. I just thought I’d share my story with you so you know you’re not alone! I hope your ending is different from mine and you still have a little one growing! Good luck tomorrow!


So sorry to hear your results. My numbers continued to climb throughout the blood loss but when I went for an u/s at almost 6 weeks, nothing there…had an hcg check and the numbers went down. I had to come back in two weeks to check again and they were up…much higher so they did another ultrasound and found nothing and said ectopic. They gave me an injection to stop cell division and my numbers are starting to come back down again. Talk about a roller coaster. I had nothing frozen.