Success after high P4 before ovulation

My second IVF was cancelled when my P4 was at 4.8 on the day of trigger. The doc said there was almost no chance I’d get pregnant and if I did I would surely miscarry. (I’ve read all the studies on this and I know that he’s basically right.)

But, DH and I still got together and surprise! we just got a BFP! I go in for betas tomorrow. But, has anyone had success after having a high progesterone level BEFORE ovulation?

I’m hoping someone can have a success story for me.

I don’t think your P4 was high before ovulation, I think you missed it by a few hours. Anything over a 2 suggests ovulation is occurring or has occurred. Your egg can be viable for up to 24 hours, especially if you have more than one. So after your cancelled cycle and BD, you were still in the window (obviously) to get pg. My RE always monitors my P4 levels before moving forward with treatment. It’s so they can accurately monitor ovulation since OPK’s don’t really work with all the meds. You just want to now keep your P4 levels up and/or rising. I think you will be just fine! Good luck!

Elevated p4

[QUOTE=Xerxella]My second IVF was cancelled when my P4 was at 4.8 on the day of trigger. The doc said there was almost no chance I’d get pregnant and if I did I would surely miscarry. (I’ve read all the studies on this and I know that he’s basically right.)

But, DH and I still got together and surprise! we just got a BFP! I go in for betas tomorrow. But, has anyone had success after having a high progesterone level BEFORE ovulation?

I’m hoping someone can have a success story for me.[/QUOTE]

Hello! I know that your post was a little over a month ago, but I’ve been searching and searching for information on elevated p4 and can’t find anything!

First of all, congrats on your BFP and I hope so much that things are progressing normally!

I have had 3 consecutive months of elevated p4 at baseline. I also have severe DOR. My IVF last month in which we planned to freeze all for an FET was an epic fail. I only had 2 follicles, neither of which were mature. On top of that, was the p4 issue.

We ultimately decided to move forward with donor eggs because of my response and obvious egg quality issues. CCRM is giving me less than 5% chance with my own eggs.

This cycle, just for informational purposes, I had my p4 and e2 ran at cycle day 3 to see if they were still elevated since my RE said it would be extremely rare for my p4 levels to continue to be high during this time of my cycle. I just found out my p4 is 3.5 on cycle day 3. Again!

Now I’m worried that donor eggs won’t even be an option for me. Do you know any more about the elevated p4? Is this something that if after 3 months is still elevated, probably is an on going issue that I’ll always deal with?

I think I’m grasping at straws and just trying to get as much info as possible. There is so little out there about elevated p4 during the first half of the cycle.

Hi! Sorry I’m just getting back to this.

Hopeful for baby - No, I definitely hadn’t ovulated. I was on ganirelix and doing daily blood monitoring. My LH remained very low. Only my progesterone rose. It’s a known problem for some women with known negative effects. Here’s a great article about the causes and some solutions.

Suzanne - I hope that article helps you too. Personally, I think the best plan (and my plan) is to do IVF with freeze all cycles and then do an FET. Good luck! CCRM is the best. If anyone can do it, they can.

AFM - it was indeed a loss. My fifth miscarriage. But there’s light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve since done 2 IVF cycles and got 3 high quality blast the first time and (hopefully by tomorrow) 4 high quality blasts this time. Oddly enough, in both of these cycles there has been no rise in progesterone. I plan on doing a fresh cycle in October an we’ll see how it goes.

Heres the article: I’m having trouble with the formating on my phone. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2854984/