Success from only 2 fertilized eggs?

We just had ER yesterday and they were only able to get 3 eggs. Two were mature and they both fertilized. If anyone has success stories of making it to 5dt and getting pregnant I would love to hear them. It’s going to be a long 4 days and I’m looking for anything to make me feel better.

Since you’re in PDX may I ask what clinic you’re using? Just curious. You don’t have to answer.

At this point it’s just up to the eggies whether or not they want to make it to that 5dt stage.

I got pregnant with just one blast so that’s all you need…I’m in OR too :wink:

I’m at ORM and see Dr. Hesla. What about you?

I have low AMH and only get 3-4 eggs at retrieval. This last time we had 3 fertilize and we only 2 make it on to be transferred and was able to get pregnant. Even though I’m not still pregnant, I feel it is completely unrelated to the eggs but more my hormones so I definitely think you have good chances with the 2 embies you have!!! Keep thinking positive! All you need is one.

[QUOTE=PDXgirl]I’m at ORM and see Dr. Hesla. What about you?[/QUOTE]

Same :wink:

:woohoo:

Thanks for sharing your story. I need those to hold on too!

[quote=InfertiliBaby]Same :wink:

:woohoo:[/quote]

That’s cool. Did you just start going to ORM or did you use them for your past cycles? Good luck I hope you get your :bfp: soon.

I used them for my past cycles too and am seeing them now…again. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for starting this post. I have never had more than 4 follicles. With this cycle, I had 3 and only 2 eggs fertilized. We transferred them on day 3 and I am now waiting for my beta.
I have had 3 failed IUIs and 3 failed IVFs with 1 transfer being canceled due to the fact that the one egg did not mature and 3 IVFs were canceled before retrieval. In spite of all this, I am not giving up. I have a very strong feeling that I was made to be a mother…

Baby dust to all…:slight_smile:

[quote=Godsmiracle]Thank you so much for starting this post. I have never had more than 4 follicles. With this cycle, I had 3 and only 2 eggs fertilized. We transferred them on day 3 and I am now waiting for my beta.
I have had 3 failed IUIs and 3 failed IVFs with 1 transfer being canceled due to the fact that the one egg did not mature and 3 IVFs were canceled before retrieval. In spite of all this, I am not giving up. I have a very strong feeling that I was made to be a mother…

Baby dust to all…:)[/quote]

It is so hard to have such few eggs, I know. You are very strong to have kept going. I pray that this will be your :bfp: .

I only had 3 eggs fertilize and was really worried but here we are pregnant with twins so it really is more about quality. I am in hindsight actually glad we didn’t have more since we are done after this round. I wish you all the best.

I’m with Dr. Hesla as well and had my egg retrieval this past wed, day before you… same boat as you- 3 were mature, 2 fertilized and now waiting to see if any grew to day 5…
Little different in that we are using a surrogate since I had a hysterectomy for cancer 4 years ago… but same waiting and waiting and driving myself bonkers:)

We have our ET planned for tomorrow at 130…
When is yours?
How are you holding up?
i hope I can sleep tonight and dont throw up with all this not knowing-
What protocol were you on? what was your AFC?.. did you know you were only going to get a few eggs? I have lead follicle issues and cannot seem to get them under control- my AFC is about 10 but they grow so uneven… this time did long Lupron (the time before- we cancelled- we did antagonist)…
Anyways just sending growing thoughts your way…
And I’m here if you want to yell, cry or scream :slight_smile:
I’m trying to stay grounded and positive but man its hard!
Jules

Thanks for sharing your story! Congrats on your pregnancy and only a few days left! I know it can happen it’s just the waiting is so hard, especially since they have to make it to day 5. I’m just hoping I have some good eggs! Just curious if you are from Ohio with buckeye as your name? I’m originally from there and a huge OSU fan. :slight_smile:

[quote=wannabehopeful]I’m with Dr. Hesla as well and had my egg retrieval this past wed, day before you… same boat as you- 3 were mature, 2 fertilized and now waiting to see if any grew to day 5…
Little different in that we are using a surrogate since I had a hysterectomy for cancer 4 years ago… but same waiting and waiting and driving myself bonkers:)

We have our ET planned for tomorrow at 130…
When is yours?
How are you holding up?
i hope I can sleep tonight and dont throw up with all this not knowing-
What protocol were you on? what was your AFC?.. did you know you were only going to get a few eggs? I have lead follicle issues and cannot seem to get them under control- my AFC is about 10 but they grow so uneven… this time did long Lupron (the time before- we cancelled- we did antagonist)…
Anyways just sending growing thoughts your way…
And I’m here if you want to yell, cry or scream :slight_smile:
I’m trying to stay grounded and positive but man its hard!
Jules[/quote]

Wow we are in the same boat! This waiting is driving me crazy, I totally know what you are going through. I know I’ll feel like throwing up when the phone rings Tues morning with the clinic calling about transfer. And I doubt I’ll sleep much tomorrow night. Mine transfer is scheduled for Tues at 1pm. I’ll be praying for you tomorrow that everything turns out great. I’d love to hear what happens, when I hear your 2 embryos make it tomorrow to day 5 I’ll have even more faith that mine will as well.

I was on the micro-flare Lupron protocol this time. I have low AMH so we knew I’d have a low number of eggs. My first IVF was actually cancelled, I was on antagonist that time. My AFC isn’t horrible it’s usually 7-8 but my issue seems to be that only 2 really grow, the rest just stop. That’s why if this time doesn’t work I think we’ll try a mini-IVF since I can’t seem to get more than 2 even with tons of meds.

When we started this whole process I didn’t really know much about 3dt vs 5dt and didn’t really think it’d be an issue. But since I will always get low numbers the whole 5dt only has me a bit worried. I’m thinking we may have to switch to a clinic that will do 3dt for pt’s with DOR, or I may never make it to transfer. I really like ORM and don’t want to switch but…if I never make it to ET then I can never have a hope of getting pregnant. I’m just praying that it won’t come to that.

Lots of good thoughts, prayers and :babydust: coming your way. GL tomorrow!

Are either of you doing the ORM refund program per chance?

I’m not since we have insurance that will cover 10k of IF. Since that will basically be used up with this IVF I’m not sure if they will let me sign up before the next time, if needed. I doubt it since they’ve seen I don’t make many eggs! Are you? I’ve been thinking about starting an ORM thread, I see the CCRM one and New Hope. What do you think?

[QUOTE=PDXgirl]I’m not since we have insurance that will cover 10k of IF. Since that will basically be used up with this IVF I’m not sure if they will let me sign up before the next time, if needed. I doubt it since they’ve seen I don’t make many eggs! Are you? I’ve been thinking about starting an ORM thread, I see the CCRM one and New Hope. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I think it’d be awesome to start an ORM thread! I think there must be a few of us out here at least!

No, I’m not doing the refund program. That’s awesome that you have insurance that will cover part of it!

Because of other medical problems I have I don’t think I’d qualify either…the PCOS, I did a prior IVF, I’m a little overweight but not obese…etc…

We should def start and ORM thread!

We are not doing the refund program- wish we had… I didnt think we would have any problems since I did not realize anything was wrong besides needing a surrogate- boy was I wrong:) My AHM was 1.4 a few months ago… no FSH since I dont have a uterus… so hard to tell…

I think I will throw up when I get that call- I think I will let my husband answer tomorrow- not sure what time they are going to call- did they tell you what time you would hear? I’m going to go to a yoga class tomorrow morning- I dont even usually do yoga but I am going to tomorrow to take my mind off of this:). I’m a runner but cant run for a bit after the retreival…

We are lucky in that we have one frozen blast- (we did IVF 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer to save for later… we had 14 embryos but only 1 grew…) Makes it hard to be positive about only two- but quality over quantity. So if the two dont grow, we will thaw that one and hope it survives the thaw… so many unknowns… ahhhhhhh…
Dr. Hesla mentioned mini IVF with me too… so that may be our next step. Did you talk to Dr. Hesla about a 3 day and the worries that you were having? Do they only do 5 day there? He seems to listen very well and is up for new things.
Lots and lots of :babydust: to you as well!!! We are going to do it… I know we are! This is our time…:cross: :cross:
thanks for the supprt ladies!!

[quote=wannabehopeful]We should def start and ORM thread!

We are not doing the refund program- wish we had… I didnt think we would have any problems since I did not realize anything was wrong besides needing a surrogate- boy was I wrong:) My AHM was 1.4 a few months ago… no FSH since I dont have a uterus… so hard to tell…

I think I will throw up when I get that call- I think I will let my husband answer tomorrow- not sure what time they are going to call- did they tell you what time you would hear? I’m going to go to a yoga class tomorrow morning- I dont even usually do yoga but I am going to tomorrow to take my mind off of this:). I’m a runner but cant run for a bit after the retreival…

We are lucky in that we have one frozen blast- (we did IVF 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer to save for later… we had 14 embryos but only 1 grew…) Makes it hard to be positive about only two- but quality over quantity. So if the two dont grow, we will thaw that one and hope it survives the thaw… so many unknowns… ahhhhhhh…
Dr. Hesla mentioned mini IVF with me too… so that may be our next step. Did you talk to Dr. Hesla about a 3 day and the worries that you were having? Do they only do 5 day there? He seems to listen very well and is up for new things.
Lots and lots of :babydust: to you as well!!! We are going to do it… I know we are! This is our time…:cross: :cross:
thanks for the supprt ladies!![/quote]

No, I’m not sure what time they will call on transfer day. They called around 9:30am with the fert report so maybe around the same time? That’s probably when they check the embryos daily? Sounds like you have been through a lot on this journey. That’s awesome that you’ve beat cancer. Really hoping this is your time and you don’t have to worry about your 1 on ice, but it’s nice to have it as a back up.

I did talk to Dr. Hesla about a 3dt but they will only do 5dt at ORM. I understand the reasoning behind it, they feel if it can’t make it to day 5 in the lab it wouldn’t have been a viable pregnancy in the first place. But…that’s hard to swallow if you never have any embryos make it to day 5 to even try. I see tons of women who get :bfp: with 3dt and the rest of their emboyos die out by day 5 so… we’ll see what happens.

GL with your phone call. Hope the yoga relaxes you and you have a great transfer tomorrow!

I’m going to start an ORM thread, so make sure you come join us.

@PDXGirl: My wife had 4 eggs fertilized. And at day 5, two survived for transplant. And currently, we are expecting a girl in about 3 weeks. We are in Southern California and was very fortunate to have the doctor that treated us. Good luck.