Success rates with only a few eggs retrieved

Hi Everyone ! I am new to the boards and I have found everyones comments very helpful. I have just started my first IVF procedure this month and suffer from Endometriosis. I had my retrieval yesterday and were only able to retrieve 3 eggs. I didnt go in expecting many more, but I am a little scared with only being able to retreive the 3. I was just wondering if anyone had much success with only being able to retreive a few eggs. I know I only need one, but it would be nice if my chances were better with more eggs.

:babydust: Hi Jules

I had my retrieval last July and only 4 were stimulated and retrieved during the whole cycle , I was too concerned like u …
Well , I guess nothing is impossible when u believe in it, the four were fertilised and all made grade 1 8 cell embryos ( it didn’t work for the fresh i.e the first 2 ) but I did the second 2 (FET) last August and I am pregnant with twins …

Don’t underestimate the low number ,all what it matter the quality of ur eggs …
The nurse was telling me about a patient who had only 2 eggs stimulated and she was pregnant with identical twins from splitted embryo :pray:

Good luck

It’s all about quality over quantity. Sometimes people get 50 eggs and they are of terrible quality.

3 is more than I’ve ever had and it’s plenty to get the job done!

I did have a success IVF (though not a successful pregnancy) with only 5 retrieved, and only 3 were fertilized, and 2 actually fertilized.

I know it can be cliche, but it really does take only one.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=JessStillWaits]It’s all about quality over quantity. Sometimes people get 50 eggs and they are of terrible quality.

3 is more than I’ve ever had and it’s plenty to get the job done!

I did have a success IVF (though not a successful pregnancy) with only 5 retrieved, and only 3 were fertilized, and 2 actually fertilized.

I know it can be cliche, but it really does take only one.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I also had my egg retrieval yesterday. i had 4 follicles. they were able to retrieve 3 eggs. this morning the embryologist called to tell us that 2 fertilized yesterday with icsi and the other one was not mature yesterday but if its mature today they will do icsi on it to.

I am so happy today that i got this good news, i am hopeing it all goes good from here now.

Well I got the call this morning from the embryologist and she said that all 3 eggs were fertilized. If everything goes well I will have my transfer on friday :pray:

[QUOTE=jules2610]Well I got the call this morning from the embryologist and she said that all 3 eggs were fertilized. If everything goes well I will have my transfer on friday :pray:[/QUOTE]

Thats fantastic news. im hopeing my other one will fertilize. i will be doing ET on friday too,

I only had 4 eggs retrieved and only 2 made it. We transfered both and are now 16 weeks with twins…Just remember it really does only take one!!! Good luck!

You don’t need many. I’ve done three IVFs and the cycle that I got the most eggs (9 mature, 6 fertilized) was my only BFN. My first cycle I got three mature and two fertilized and was pregnant with a singleton, which I miscarried. And my last cycle I got two mature, both fertilized and now I’m watching my little boy napping on his playmat.

Good luck and God Bless!! :flower:

Thank you!!!

Thank you for posting this question!! :thankyou:

I am having an issue with 2 of 3 follicles SHIRINKING! I have one at 25mm and two that were at 16 two days about but have shrink to 14mm.

My clinic is looking for a minimum of three developed. I am happy to read this thread and find that others had low follicle but quality resulting in pregnancies!