Success Stories Please! Symptoms coming and going...

I didn’t sleep a wink last night, worried sick about our precious little bean(s). I’ve had a headache for the past few days and I feel like some of my other symptoms are fading. My breasts aren’t nearly as swollen and tender and my abdomen doesn’t feel as bloated, full or heavy. I’d feel so much better if I were physically miserable…I’d really like some more reassurance that everything is just fine from my body.

Has anyone else experienced this fluctuation in symptoms and had everything turn out ok??

I did. I think I had sore breasts for maybe a week or two at the most. A little morning sickness for a few days, just a general quizyness, didn’t last very long, either. I did have OHSS so I was swollen and bloating but once that starting going down I didn’t feel it again, either. At the time I was worried sick about it but my twins turn 18 months tomorrow so everything turned out OK :smiley:

[QUOTE=JediBonas]I did. I think I had sore breasts for maybe a week or two at the most. A little morning sickness for a few days, just a general quizyness, didn’t last very long, either. I did have OHSS so I was swollen and bloating but once that starting going down I didn’t feel it again, either. At the time I was worried sick about it but my twins turn 18 months tomorrow so everything turned out OK :D[/QUOTE]
JediBonas, thanks so much for answering me so fast! I’ve been worried sick!!

I thought perhaps because of my high betas that maybe I was experiencing a vanishing twin… You know how it is after you’ve experienced loss, it’s hard not to worry whenever there is a change in how you feel.

I’ll do my best to relax and enjoy this time!! Thanks again!!

I worried my whole nine month pregnancy because I had no symptoms! I never felt sick, never felt “full” never had food cravings, smell sensitivity etc. Any typical symptom, never had it minus a few bad headaches. I felt no different pregnant the first 6 months than I did not pregnant. I didn’t “show” until 6 months and I’m not overweight. My belly button never popped or anything. I wore my work pants up to 8 months pregnant. The only thing that happened to me was that my daughter was up high in my belly so my gallbladder ended up spazzing and I ended up in the hospital a few times.
Until you feel the kicks for reassurance, I know it’s hard not to but try not to look for “symptoms” or worry about lack their of or fluctuating. My doctor told me it’s different for everyone…they can be there one day, gone the next, come back…never come back, or completely stay the 9 months.
Good luck and wishing you nothing but the best.

[QUOTE=Awwsome]I worried my whole nine month pregnancy because I had no symptoms! I never felt sick, never felt “full” never had food cravings, smell sensitivity etc. Any typical symptom, never had it minus a few bad headaches. I felt no different pregnant the first 6 months than I did not pregnant. I didn’t “show” until 6 months and I’m not overweight. My belly button never popped or anything. I wore my work pants up to 8 months pregnant. The only thing that happened to me was that my daughter was up high in my belly so my gallbladder ended up spazzing and I ended up in the hospital a few times.
Until you feel the kicks for reassurance, I know it’s hard not to but try not to look for “symptoms” or worry about lack their of or fluctuating. My doctor told me it’s different for everyone…they can be there one day, gone the next, come back…never come back, or completely stay the 9 months.
Good luck and wishing you nothing but the best.[/QUOTE]
Awwwww, Awwsome, thanks for your message!!! I’m sure I’ll be worried the whole time like you were. It makes me feel better that you made it to the finish line, and I hope I do too!!

Your little girl just turned 6 months? Congratulations!!!

Thanks again, so much!!!

Like Awwsome… I never had any symptons, food craving, well to think about it i did crave cold things…Ice water and Sonic Cherry Slushies…(havent had one since my LO was born) morning sickness and my belly button din’t pop out either…had it not been for the stretching pains and the belly… wouldn’t have though I was pg…I think worring come with IVF…no matter how far you are you always worry…best of luck!:grouphug:

[QUOTE=t&tmcgil]Like Awwsome… I never had any symptons, food craving, well to think about it i did crave cold things…Ice water and Sonic Cherry Slushies…(havent had one since my LO was born) morning sickness and my belly button din’t pop out either…had it not been for the stretching pains and the belly… wouldn’t have though I was pg…I think worring come with IVF…no matter how far you are you always worry…best of luck!:grouphug:[/QUOTE]
Thank you, T&TMcGil!! Congratulations on the birth of your little boy!!!

You ladies are really giving me hope!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The best way I’ve heard it explained is that your hormones are increasing in waves. All the symptoms we feel in the beginning are caused by this rush of hormones. Since it’s not a perfectly steady increase every day, it’s normal for you feel some symptoms one day and different ones the next or even have your body become more used to feeling these things so it seems like they’ve gone away but maybe you just aren’t noticing them as much. I know that was very true for me in those early weeks.

[QUOTE=Nyna237]The best way I’ve heard it explained is that your hormones are increasing in waves. All the symptoms we feel in the beginning are caused by this rush of hormones. Since it’s not a perfectly steady increase every day, it’s normal for you feel some symptoms one day and different ones the next or even have your body become more used to feeling these things so it seems like they’ve gone away but maybe you just aren’t noticing them as much. I know that was very true for me in those early weeks.[/QUOTE]
That makes a lot of sense Nyna, but doesn’t my body realize that I need some type of constant reassurance?? :wink:

I know the feeling. Look at it this way, though: You had nice, solid Betas. You aren’t cramping severely and aren’t bleeding severely… so you’re fine. :slight_smile:

My symptoms are coming and going, and have done so since transfer. (Actually, they were worse at the beginning, probably because my body wasn’t used to the progesterone yet.) I’ve had very few symptoms the whole time (now at 9 weeks). But I had two perfect ultrasounds, and 2 great Betas before that. Unless proven otherwise, assume everything is OK.

I’ve had two mcs, one at 11 weeks. Believe me… you can’t miss it when that happens…

[QUOTE=jen723leo]That makes a lot of sense Nyna, but doesn’t my body realize that I need some type of constant reassurance?? ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Cannady]I know the feeling. Look at it this way, though: You had nice, solid Betas. You aren’t cramping severely and aren’t bleeding severely… so you’re fine. :slight_smile:

My symptoms are coming and going, and have done so since transfer. (Actually, they were worse at the beginning, probably because my body wasn’t used to the progesterone yet.) I’ve had very few symptoms the whole time (now at 9 weeks). But I had two perfect ultrasounds, and 2 great Betas before that. Unless proven otherwise, assume everything is OK.

I’ve had two mcs, one at 11 weeks. Believe me… you can’t miss it when that happens…[/QUOTE]
Cannady, I’m so sorry for your losses. :frowning:

Congratulations on your BFP! I wish you the very best for a healthy and worry-free (if that’s possible) pregnancy!!

Just like the other ladies posted - everyone is different. I had symptoms off and on in the beginning and then once I hit 8 or 9 weeks morning sickness kicked in. It’s so hard not to analyze everything or go visit Dr. Google (trust me, still do it!) but just try to keep calm :slight_smile:
I wish I could say the worry goes away - it hasn’t for me, even though I can feel her moving all over the place, kicking/punching like a mad woman! IVF kinda makes you crazy!!! :slight_smile:
Baby girl is due in August.
Wishing you the very best of luck with your u/s appt!!!

[QUOTE=kbdiadora]Just like the other ladies posted - everyone is different. I had symptoms off and on in the beginning and then once I hit 8 or 9 weeks morning sickness kicked in. It’s so hard not to analyze everything or go visit Dr. Google (trust me, still do it!) but just try to keep calm :slight_smile:
I wish I could say the worry goes away - it hasn’t for me, even though I can feel her moving all over the place, kicking/punching like a mad woman! IVF kinda makes you crazy!!! :slight_smile:
Baby girl is due in August.
Wishing you the very best of luck with your u/s appt!!![/QUOTE]
Thank you, Kbdiadora… I really envy everyone in my life that’s never had to go through fertility treatments, or especially loss. They have all just gone about their normal lives, enjoying their pregnancies. I try to be like them, but it’s impossible. I have to force myself not to consider a negative outcome and focus on the positive as much as possible.

Best of luck these next few months! I’ll bet you cannot WAIT to hold your little girl in your arms!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It is hard - especially when you hear…we only had sex once and we weren’t even trying (what friends of ours said when they found out about their 3rd) talk about a dagger to the heart! But I have learned through all the tears, pain, heartache, losses that I am one strong cookie - a lot stronger than I gave myself credit for…as you should feel the same.
This forum has been such an amazing place to feel ‘normal’ and not alone!
It’s been a long 3 years (refer to first post in blog - in sig) so yes I truly cannot WAIT to hold her in my arms - waited a very long time for her! And one day you will be saying the exact same thing…how excited you will be to hold your little one or ones :slight_smile: