Success stories with >10% cell fragmentation?

I don’t know why I asked a question that I didn’t really want the answer to, but I did…so I just learned that of my 6 embryos, two had 18% fragmentation, two had 30% and two had 35%. I’m guessing it was the two 18%s that they transferred.

Does anyone here have an IVF success story with embryos that were similarly fragmented? I could use some good news.

I’m on a Fbook group of mommies that all conceived around here the same time.

One of the gals did IVF this past January and did a frozen cycle. When they thawed her eggs out, the two she was going to transfer were so fragmented that they gave her less than 5% of it working. She ended up getting pregnant with twins…they BOTH took. She lost one early in pregnancy, but is doing fine with the other. They discouraged her from transferring them at all. I thought that was a very inspirational story, and hopefully it will inspire you too! I don’t know how they grade at your clinic, but a “B” is still really good. I’m 5weeks right now with a grade B myself :slight_smile:

oh thank you! it just seems like the more time goes by, the more evidence i find for things not to work. i don’t know why i (or any of us) do this, i don’t know why it always seems easier to believe in the negative outcome over the positive. but hearing your story definitely helped. :slight_smile: thanks again!

My son’s embryo and vanishing twin were graded to be just above the worst of the worst. Let me just say those pretty “lousy” embryos gave me one pretty perfect and adorable little boy. The nurses even told me that the grading is just a snapshot in time. It can change at any moment. Perfection isn’t necessary at transfer for perfection 9 months later. Youve put those embryos back in the perfect environment for them to thrive!! Just stay hopeful and positive. I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping you get the bfp you are hoping for!!!

My daughter was a fragmented embryo. I wasn’t given the percentage, but she was pretty fragmented. I recently asked a doctor at transfer about fragmentation. He said that they have learned that the degree of fragmentation is not as important as they thought even recently. He said the important factor to look at is cell number and the fragmentation really doesn’t matter.