Success with day 4 embryos behind in development

My DD and SIL are in the 2WW for their second IVF cycle. He has severe MFI. This time last year he was diagnosed with azoo after two repeated SA. However, the last few times he’s had sperm - although quite low.:clap: The last one was 20,000. They did one IVF cycle in the summer which was a BFN. They got 8 eggs and seven fertilized in the beginning. One 5 day blast was transferred and two were frozen. The doctor recommended they do another fresh cycle and hopefully they would get enough to freeze a couple more.

This cycle they had 19 eggs of which 13 were mature, but only 4 fertilized. Two remained by day 4 and were transferred then, none left to freeze. I can’t seem to find much information on a 4 day transfer.

My DD called me today and said she called the embryologist today to find out more information regarding her transfer yesterday. She was told that the two they transferred were graded 12 cell grade 1A and 8 cell grade 2B. They embryologist also said they were a day behind in development. Now of course, she’s beside herself with worry thinking this cycle will be another BFN.

I’m just wondering if any of you have had any success with embryos that are behind in development, especially at day 4.

Thanks in advance.