Success with low count, low motility, low morphology

I am really feeling depressed. We just had our SA results come back and even though we knew his counts were low with our IUIs a few months ago, we thought we would see changes with the fertilityblend for men and lifestyle changes. Instead, his counts went to an all time low of 2.8 million, 43% motility and 3% morphology!!! Will this even work???

I just want to cry…we are doing ICSI, but with 3% morphology, how many normal sperm can they even find??? :grr:

Has anyone had success when everything is low??

Yes, My DH has even lower numbers than yours. Sometimes less than 1 million but usually between 1-2 million with 1% morphology. We had success with IVF #1 and DD is now 16 months and we are gearing up for IVF baby #2 in January. Don’t worry, there is plenty sperm for IVF!

Thank you soo much, cgong1!!! My DH is taking the news badly and he is feeling very pessimistic. I am trying to keep us both stress free before the IVF. I’ll just keep :pray: the first works for us!

It’s so stressful, going through IVF. I’ve seen research where there is actually a better chance of success when it is a MF. It sucks for conceiving naturally or even IUI but for IVF, it doesn’t matter :slight_smile: All they need is one sperm for every egg and he has 2.8 million so I’d say he is good!

Wishing you a successful cycle. :grouphug:

I truely appreciate the support!!! It hits men hard when they know they are the factor. I try really hard to tell him it’s not his fault and we are in this together. I am trying to just stay stress free and optimistic!

I love that you are still on the forums!! Will you be doing IVF again?? Congrats on your little one!!! :flower:

[quote=cgong1]It’s so stressful, going through IVF. I’ve seen research where there is actually a better chance of success when it is a MF. It sucks for conceiving naturally or even IUI but for IVF, it doesn’t matter :slight_smile: All they need is one sperm for every egg and he has 2.8 million so I’d say he is good!

Wishing you a successful cycle. :grouphug:[/quote]

My husband was able to bank sperm before his cancer treatment. Because it was his 2nd bout of testicular cancer, everything was low. His count was in the 150,000 range (no where near the millions you have). Everything else was equally low. I got pregnant on the first try with twins and we had decent fertilization. Are you doing assisted hatching as well? I think the embryologists made all the difference in our case. We picked the office based on them rather than the RE. IVF is much more successful from what I understand with MF than with female issues. Good luck.

Thank you, ksseattle!! You are definitely inspiration! Yes, our package includes Assisted Embryo Hatching (if needed) and Blastocyte culture (if needed). How do they know if they need to do the assisted hatching??

They always say all you need is one, and that is especially true with ICSI. I think you will be just fine.

Our numbers are similar to yours. It took a few tries (I have issues too) but I am 19 weeks pregnant with twins. ICSI pretty much eliminates the MF issue - they only need as many sperm as eggs retrieved. Don’t worry you will het plenty. Good luck!

We had lower numbers than yours, our last SA had 600,000 sperm and about 1% morphology and everything else equally low. As you can see from my signature, we have two little girls… We’re getting ready to move on to the third IVF for hopefully our third child… So as you can see it works.

Good luck…

My hubbys numbers were all worse than yours. We did IVF with ICSI and just gave birth to twin boys 10 days ago after just one try =o)

So glad to learn about MF/ICSI and success

all of you with MF stories, thank you! I just did my 1st IVF cycle and egg retrieval this morning. 12 eggs! My partner had a vasect. a million yrs ago, we tried to reverse, failed, and so had to retrieve sperm and freeze. this is our shot at having kids together. I am fertile, so its been tough to go through all the meds, etc, but I am happy we’re doing it and am committed!:clap:
So ICSI is happenign now for us, we’ll find out fertilization tmrow. :pray:
I have been on accupuncture, no wine/caffeine, sleep, low stress, yoga, the whole 9 yds. all fall. Feeling good and hopeful. Any tips for getting through the next 2 wks are welcome. - Poppy

All of your responses have made me feel a million times better!!

Poppy: BEST OF LUCK to you!!! I :pray: you get your :bfp: soon!!