Super early ovulation...please help!

Following a prolonged loss that started New Year’s Eve and finally ended beginning of March, I began my cycle and began meds for IUI (Femara 5mg cd 3-7; Gonal-F; Menopur). I was not on meds to prevent ovulation as I’ve never ovulated prematurely before.

But…on evening of cd11 I felt intense cramping in front and by the next morning my body was showing post-ovulation signs. I called my RE in a panic and was told to trigger anyway. I took the trigger at 10am and felt crampy all day, mostly in my back but then in the front again in late afternoon. RE left it up to me to decide if I want IUI or not. It’s scheduled for tomorrow morning but my gut says why bother?

Here’s my question: If I already ovulated by the time I took the trigger, why was I instructed to trigger at all? I feel like I just threw away $ for no good reason. A trigger taken post-ovulation is useless, right? I mean, it can’t make more follicles ovulate, can it?

I’m so upset. I did NOT need this! I’ve always made it to cd 12 w/o so much as a surge so what in the world happened? The last cycle that ended in a loss my RE had me trigger cd11 which I felt was too early given my e2 level, so I was hoping for a longer stim time this round.

Guess next time I’ll have to use Ganirelix to prevent ovulation on top of all the other meds.

Oh, and I had a whopping 6 hours or so of ewcm. Lovely. :frowning:

Hello, did you have any pre-ovulation signs, besides pain? Medication often are causing pain, crams or bloating. Did you take OPK and was it positive? How do you or your RE know wheter you ovulated or not for sure. If you can give more details, it might be helpful to advise you

[quote=OnceMore]Following a prolonged loss that started New Year’s Eve and finally ended beginning of March, I began my cycle and began meds for IUI (Femara 5mg cd 3-7; Gonal-F; Menopur). I was not on meds to prevent ovulation as I’ve never ovulated prematurely before.

But…on evening of cd11 I felt intense cramping in front and by the next morning my body was showing post-ovulation signs. I called my RE in a panic and was told to trigger anyway. I took the trigger at 10am and felt crampy all day, mostly in my back but then in the front again in late afternoon. RE left it up to me to decide if I want IUI or not. It’s scheduled for tomorrow morning but my gut says why bother?

Here’s my question: If I already ovulated by the time I took the trigger, why was I instructed to trigger at all? I feel like I just threw away $ for no good reason. A trigger taken post-ovulation is useless, right? I mean, it can’t make more follicles ovulate, can it?

I’m so upset. I did NOT need this! I’ve always made it to cd 12 w/o so much as a surge so what in the world happened? The last cycle that ended in a loss my RE had me trigger cd11 which I felt was too early given my e2 level, so I was hoping for a longer stim time this round.

Guess next time I’ll have to use Ganirelix to prevent ovulation on top of all the other meds.

Oh, and I had a whopping 6 hours or so of ewcm. Lovely. :([/quote]

If you have more than one follie that may be the only one that ovulates with a natural lh surge. So the trigger actually helps more than one follie to ovulate if you have more than one. I had them tell me that the last time i was preggers because I have a positive surge and it looks like i was ovulating soon like with in 12 hours and i still did the trigger and i did get preggers.