Supplements and FET

Dear Ladies,

For all of you with FET experience I have one question:

As the part of the process of preparation for IVF cycle, I was taking following supplements:

• Royal Jelly + Propolis,
  • Prenatal vitamins,
  • Vitamin D,
  • Folic Acid,
  • Omega 3 (DHA),
  • Q10,
  • Spirulina,
  • Peruvian Maca
  • L-Arginine.

I am very happy with the result of IVF (19 eggs, 7 frozen blastocysts), much better than I expected (I had total fertilisation failure before), so I firmly believe that part of success happened thanks to supplements.

Now, I am preparing myself for FET and I would like to check with you: is there anything from my list of supplements what should be excluded and when?

Thanks,

D

[QUOTE=Dear_D]Dear Ladies,

For all of you with FET experience I have one question:

As the part of the process of preparation for IVF cycle, I was taking following supplements:

• Royal Jelly + Propolis,
  • Prenatal vitamins,
  • Vitamin D,
  • Folic Acid,
  • Omega 3 (DHA),
  • Q10,
  • Spirulina,
  • Peruvian Maca
  • L-Arginine.

I am very happy with the result of IVF (19 eggs, 7 frozen blastocysts), much better than I expected (I had total fertilisation failure before), so I firmly believe that part of success happened thanks to supplements.

Now, I am preparing myself for FET and I would like to check with you: is there anything from my list of supplements what should be excluded and when?

Thanks,

D[/QUOTE]

Hi D - happy to hear you have a great set of embryo’s waiting for you! Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer to your question but i just wanted to drop in and say hi. Is this something you can run by your doctor?

Will be thinking of you!

I would think you could skip the Royal Jelly since that is for egg quality and you won’t be doing any ER. I also took Royal Jelly to prepare for IVF, but I did not for my FET.

Thank you Ladies for your replies.

In the meantime, I asked my RE about her opinion but my RE didn’t want to advise me on taking any supplement (except Folic Acid) because she firmly believes that supplements do not have any effect on implantation success.
Well, maybe she is right, but I still cannot resist to the thought that maybe in my long list of supplements there is something what will eventualy help to my baby to stick. So, after long google research, I revised my list of supplements: excluded Royal Jelly but included Zinc and Selenium.

So, current list of supplements is:

• Propolis,
  • Prenatal vitamins,
  • Vitamin D,
  • Folic Acid,
  • Omega 3 (DHA),
  • Q10,
  • Spirulina,
  • Peruvian Maca,
  • L-Arginine,
  • Zinc,
  • Selenium.

Well, lets hope for the best! In 10 days, hopefully, I’ll start with FET process. Will let you know about the outcome.

Love,

D