surgery today

Hey everyone,

Had my surgery today to have the polyp removed from my uterus. Turned out that it was a fibroid, not a polyp, but still happy i decided to have it removed. Hoping it will lessen the mid cycle cramping I’ve been having the last 9 mo-year. Everything went well and no pain so far…hopefully it stays that way. We can ttc this month on our own and then we will start our first cycle of IUI in May if we have no luck again this cycle. I think our biggest obstacle is pretty much no CM…I have tried the fertile CM and that hasn’t really helped…if anyone has any other ideas on how I can potentially increase my CM this month I would appreciate it! Thanks :slight_smile:

Glad to hear the surgery went well!! :flower:

Some say to use mucinex and I have found that it makes my already fertile CM more abundant, but didn’t find that it caused fertile CM just made what was already there more abundant. You have to drink a ton of water too for it to work though and you can only use it for about a week or it will backfire and dry you up. I do recommend it though.

What I personally found that really works is to take fish oil and drink Aloe vera juice along with being incredibly hydrated. I discovered this when my sports med Doc recommended I take fish oil but in order to find the right dose for you as an individual she recommended that I start by taking 8-10 capsules spread throughout the day until I got diarreah and then to back off by two capsules a day until my stools were the right consistency. Sounds gross I know, but it was just a way to find the right amount one should be taking. In doing this I found that take such a high dose around ovulation gave me GREAT CM.

I also found that drinking a couple glasses of aloe vera juice in addition to a couple capsules of fish oil (not necessarily together just in the same day) along with being hydrated with plenty of fluids also gave me GREAT CM so…

Just a couple ideas there.

Good Luck! :flower:

Thank you ahhny! I have fish oil here (we buy it to help with the dog’s shedding, lol) so I’ll start taking that this morning. Can you tell me where you get your aloe vera juice and what kind of taste I should expect? :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

[QUOTE=pdot95]Thank you ahhny! I have fish oil here (we buy it to help with the dog’s shedding, lol) so I’ll start taking that this morning. Can you tell me where you get your aloe vera juice and what kind of taste I should expect? :slight_smile:

Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

I got mine at Walmart, but have seen it at Safeway too so I think you can probably get it a various places. It is usually in the pharmacy area around the supplements and diet shakes and such.

As far as the taste: well it is a little strange and not something you would want to drink like tea or lemonade or anything LOL, but it isn’t terrible either. It helps to drink it cold and quick. It is refreshing and yet bitter, but generally the taste is an aftertaste that goes away quickly so even though it isn’t something you will enjoy per say it isn’t awful either.

They do have some flavored ones too I think (like raspberry), but I have never tried those.

Second transfer

I have been trying for over two years to conceive. We did our first fresh cycle the end if jan and nothing took. We put back two fresh five day blast embryos. We were so disappointed. Now just last wed 4/3 we did a frozen transfer. We put back two and both were hatching out of there shell. What do y’all think ? You think it will take. I have been on bed rest since wed and just lower back pain

[QUOTE=Dallas2012]I have been trying for over two years to conceive. We did our first fresh cycle the end if jan and nothing took. We put back two fresh five day blast embryos. We were so disappointed. Now just last wed 4/3 we did a frozen transfer. We put back two and both were hatching out of there shell. What do y’all think ? You think it will take. I have been on bed rest since wed and just lower back pain[/QUOTE]

The fact that they were hatching is definitely a plus as it should increase the odds of them implanting. Sounds promising! :cross: one or both will take. Sending you lots of :babydust: :babydust: !!!

Second transfer

Do you know how soon I can take a hpt after the frozen transfer. Shouldn’t have implantation taken place by now ? This is so hard. I feel cramp and weak. Not sure if it’s just me or what. I can’t stop obsessing and I know that’s not good

[QUOTE=Dallas2012]Do you know how soon I can take a hpt after the frozen transfer. Shouldn’t have implantation taken place by now ? This is so hard. I feel cramp and weak. Not sure if it’s just me or what. I can’t stop obsessing and I know that’s not good[/QUOTE]

I am not sure with a FET. I do know that it is common for embryo’s from a FET to progress slower though so late positives are more likely and thus many Docs won’t test until I think 14 days past transfer and even then will take slow rising beta’s with a grain of salt.

I know in an IVF cycle a blast can take 2-3 days to implant and then of course you have to wait for the HCG to build in the urine which can take another 2-6 days. In my case I got a negative hpt on 5dp5dt, but got a +hpt on 7dp5dt. I had my beta on 11dp5dt I think and it was only an 89. That is good as anything over 5 I think it pregnant, but they like to see the first beta over 50.

Also, I felt a sharp sudden pain in my uterus (I felt this same thing with two of my three other pregnancies) at 3dp5dt so I don’t think I implanted until then, but another girl that cycled with me was feeling things prior to that and got her +hpt several days earlier than I and her beta was triple what mine was at 11dp5dt so it just all depends on the person. She is also carrying a singleton.

I also had ALOT of cramping and even spotted on 7 & 8dp5dt when I also got my positive hpt. So bascially for me if you take the day I think I implanted at 3dp then it took 4 days until 7dp for the HCG to show up in my urine.

Anyway, I assume with the FET you didn’t take a trigger so you really can start doing hpt’s as soon as you feel like it. I think I would start a week after the transfer though just to give your embryo’s a chance to get snuggled in and produce hcg. Of course if you don’t get a positive this early don’t get discouraged. I have seen people get a -hpt all the way up to their beta date so…it’s not over til you get your beta results.

Good Luck! :flower:

Pdot- to add to what ahhny said about the aloe… I have used it from Walmart before too. I never used it to increase CM because I didn’t know that it did that. But I would always get the berry flavored and it really wasn’t too bad as long as I iced it really good before I drank it.

Have you ever tried using preseed lubricant? I used that and I really loved it! It takes the guesswork out of making your own fertile cm. It’s around $23 for a bottle. You can get a multi-use container or one with vaginal applicators. It’s completely safe for sperm and it feels very natural. I would either buy online or at walgreens. cvs has it too.

Thanks for your message journeyoffaith! I did buy the berry aloe vera juice at walmart today. Also, we do use preseed for a lubricant…but I wonder if we should try and buy it with the applicators. I got it at Target last time. I had one of my barthylin glands removed (lubricant gland) because of getting frequent cysts so we switched to preseed after I read that others lubricants can actually kill the sperm. Hoping and praying we can get enough CM to get pregnant on our own this month but if not, we will be moving onto IUI next month.

Awesome!! hopefully that does the trick for you. looking forward to reading your success story soon!! :slight_smile: