Symptom Check

Hey gals… First time poster here (been lurking for almost a year now).

I am currently in my 2ww (10dp5dt) and am worried about some of the symptoms I’ve been having. Late Saturday evening - Sunday morning (so, that’d be 8-9 days past transfer) I noticed some very faint spotting. But that seems much too late for implantation bleeding from what I’ve read. Plus, the progesterone suppositories had made my chest really swollen/sore (even before the transfer!), but that seems to have subsided. And finally, when I have a big sneeze (yay seasonal allergies), I can feel it in my uterus – sometimes very painful, other times just a twinge.

Has anyone had implantation bleeding this late and still ended up with a good result? I’m trying to be realistic here and not get my hopes up too much if things seem to be breaking the wrong way.

I triggered on the evening of 06/07/13 with 10,000 IU of HCG. Would it be far enough out of my system that I could get a reliable result from an HPT tomorrow am? My beta is Thursday…

I did a 5 day transfer and was officially meant to test with a hpt (ordered by doc as it was a Saturday and office wasn’t open) 11 days past transfer. But I did it 8 days after as couldn’t wait and got a positive. So can’t see why not?

You should get a reliable result from a HPT even without first morning urine at this point. It seems really weird for your beta to be so very late. I had my two betas at 7dp5dp and 9dp5dt.

[quote=abradabra]Hey gals… First time poster here (been lurking for almost a year now).

I am currently in my 2ww (10dp5dt) and am worried about some of the symptoms I’ve been having. Late Saturday evening - Sunday morning (so, that’d be 8-9 days past transfer) I noticed some very faint spotting. But that seems much too late for implantation bleeding from what I’ve read. Plus, the progesterone suppositories had made my chest really swollen/sore (even before the transfer!), but that seems to have subsided. And finally, when I have a big sneeze (yay seasonal allergies), I can feel it in my uterus – sometimes very painful, other times just a twinge.

Has anyone had implantation bleeding this late and still ended up with a good result? I’m trying to be realistic here and not get my hopes up too much if things seem to be breaking the wrong way.

I triggered on the evening of 06/07/13 with 10,000 IU of HCG. Would it be far enough out of my system that I could get a reliable result from an HPT tomorrow am? My beta is Thursday…[/quote]

Symptoms of pregnancy wouldn’t start for a few days and would most likely begin with a sore chest. Each time I’ve gotten pregnant from IVF, the progesterone makes me sore then eventually wears off, then around 17 days past ER, I get sore again. A HPT will tell you reliably whether you are pregnant today. The HCG from the shot will have left your body several days ago. If you feel up to it and want to stop second guessing everything you are feeling, go ahead and take a test. I recommend FRER or Answer brands. Good luck!!

I bled pretty heavily at 8 and 9dp5dt. Took an hpt at 9dp5dt just to confirm that it was AF knocking on my door, but it was a BFP! For sure there is no trigger shot left in your system, I’d go ahead and pee on something!

Side note: my RE schedules beta for the equivalent of 18dpo, so not until 13dp5dt or 15dp3dt or 18dpiui. I went in early and begged for a test :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!!! Hopefully the HPT will calm me down a bit…

Hi I just got my second beta (319) and I had similar story at 8dp5dt I had light red spotting turned in to brown and on 9dp5dt I got my first bfp on hpt and I took the test before I went to bed so it was not morning pee. So stay hopeful and let us know how everything turns out good luck