Symptoms Disappearing?

I am currently in our first 2ww for IVF after three failed IUI attempts. We were able to transfer two eight-cell embryos on day 3. Every month before my period arrives, my breasts become very tender, and then stop hurting shortly before my period. This happened during our IUI attempts as well and always seemed a foreshadow of a negative outcome. Now it is happening to me again. We are a little less than a week away from the test and my tenderness is starting to dissipate. I know our paperwork said very clearly not to rely on symptoms because of the progesterone and estrogen supplements that I am on, but I am really worried about the breast changes going back to normal since this is always what seems to happen when I am not pregnant.

Anyone else have experience with this? I’m feeling freaked out.

Even if you are pregnant the symptoms will come and go. The progesterone and estrogen will also cause you to have most of these symptoms as well. The only way to know what is going on is to have your beta test. It is torture I know but if you rely on your syptoms you will drive yourself nuts. Hang in there and good luck to you.

You really really really can’t rely on your body now that you are doing IVF- it’s a completely different enviornment than an IUI.

I have noticed that my bbs are really sore for a week on progesterone, and than my body starts to adjust, and they aren’t as sore anymore. But, everyone is different. Also, progesterone prevents you most times from getting a period, so it’s hard to say what your body is doing right now. My friends who didn’t do IVF, said their boob soreness didn’t start until Week 7 of pregnancy! And I know when I was pregnant, my boobs weren’t sore at all the first week after I found out. You really can’t rely on symptoms to tell you anything. Especially when you are on medications that cause those sy,ptoms!

Most symptoms people experience in early pregnancy with IVF are because of the progesterone- that is what is causing your boob soreness for sure for the first week after ER (and the leftover HCG from trigger) not a potential pregnancy. But it doesn’t mean it won’t happen. No worries! You don’t know yet how pregnancy will feel for you- you might not feel anything at all. Lots of ladies don’t.

Also, if you go through the success threads (top), you will notice lots of people noticed no symptoms at all or a variety of symptoms.

I agree with everything that has been said. I can also tell you that for me, my bbs stop feeling sore around 10 days past ER on each IVF cycle. I also mistakenly thought this was a sign of an impending BFN, but I got a positive on a HPT yesterday, so it definitely is not. As said, everyone responds a little different to the hormones, and you can’t place any importance on them whatsoever. Good luck!

I usually have boob soreness go away the day before my period, and I had some boob deflation right the day before my positive beta. My progesterone turned out pretty low, though. It happens.

I am in the same boat as you. My beta is tomorrow and the hours are just dragging by. Thinking I was getting symptoms (headaches, nausea, tenderness, etc.) I stupidly took a home pregnancy test this morning. Of course it was negative so now DH and I are all worried.

He went online today and read all these sites where women talked about getting a negative home pregnancy test but had a positive beta. He tried to cheer me up when I got home from work.:cheer:

I took the day off work tomorrow because either way I do not want to be at work when I get the news.:pray:

Other people I have talked to have confirmed that the beta is far more sensitive and accurate than the body or the urine based tests in this case. We can’t rely on our bodies during this time.

If could rely on my body, I wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place. Wishing all those waiting positive results. :gsv:

[QUOTE=Trans-Siberian]I usually have boob soreness go away the day before my period, and I had some boob deflation right the day before my positive beta. My progesterone turned out pretty low, though. It happens.[/QUOTE]

“Boob deflation”!!! I love it!!

Keeponkeeping - Same thing is happening to me!
I had a transfer on Nov 11th. 2day embryo.
My breast were swollen and sore until day 9, then everything just stopped. My breasts are back to normal. I have my blood test on monday, 22nd, but I’m so worried, I’m driving myself crazy searching the internet for similar stories with good outcomes, can’t find one. Every post about it happening to them but then they don’t post the conclusion.
What is your conclusion? It’s Nov 20th now, did you do your pregnany test yet? Is it positive or negative.
Please respond because I go crazy with worried.
thanks

[QUOTE=worriedivf42]Keeponkeeping - Same thing is happening to me!
I had a transfer on Nov 11th. 2day embryo.
My breast were swollen and sore until day 9, then everything just stopped. My breasts are back to normal. I have my blood test on monday, 22nd, but I’m so worried, I’m driving myself crazy searching the internet for similar stories with good outcomes, can’t find one. Every post about it happening to them but then they don’t post the conclusion.
What is your conclusion? It’s Nov 20th now, did you do your pregnany test yet? Is it positive or negative.
Please respond because I go crazy with worried.
thanks[/QUOTE]

My beta is Monday as well, and I don’t plan to HPT before then. Good luck!

I had absolutely no symptoms during my 2ww… for a couple of days my boobs hurt, but then it went away, and the day before my beta I actually started spotting, which I thought was my period coming. That’s exactly what happened with my BFN, so I just knew it was my period. Plus with no symptoms at all and boobs that no longer hurt, I was 100% sure I was going to get a BFN. I’d already accepted it. I mean, I was crying all the way to the doctor’s office and all the way home, I was so convinced that it hadn’t worked. Imagine my surprise when I got a BFP!

And let me tell you - the worry does not go away after a BFP… it’s been exactly 2 weeks since my first beta test, and I STILL really don’t feel anything at all. Some days my boobs will hurt, some days (like today), they don’t at all, and I freak out… like I am right now!!

[quote=JessStillWaits]
Most symptoms people experience in early pregnancy with IVF are because of the progesterone- that is what is causing your boob soreness for sure for the first week after ER (and the leftover HCG from trigger) not a potential pregnancy.[/quote]

Yup. The hCG does not directly affect the breasts (or anything else you can sense) but it does cause the follicles to make a lot of progesterone, and that’s why the progesterone side effects are most obvious for several days after the hCG trigger, and then fade.

I only had boob tenderness when I started PIO–even before transfer. It went away. I basically had no symptoms other than a conviction it didn’t work. Too my shock it did work. Don’t listen to your body and expect the signals to be meaningful–it is too off kilter from all the drugs. Good luck. I’m sending good thoughts your way.

[quote=keeponkeepingon]I am currently in our first 2ww for IVF after three failed IUI attempts. We were able to transfer two eight-cell embryos on day 3. Every month before my period arrives, my breasts become very tender, and then stop hurting shortly before my period. This happened during our IUI attempts as well and always seemed a foreshadow of a negative outcome. Now it is happening to me again. We are a little less than a week away from the test and my tenderness is starting to dissipate. I know our paperwork said very clearly not to rely on symptoms because of the progesterone and estrogen supplements that I am on, but I am really worried about the breast changes going back to normal since this is always what seems to happen when I am not pregnant.

Anyone else have experience with this? I’m feeling freaked out.[/quote]
I had Exactly the same symptom and I got a :bfp: !
The first week after ET i had extremely sore breast, that dissipated on week two of the 2ww. I actually mentioned it to my nurse and she said "Yes, and two days from now they may be sore again, its from the Progeterone"
So dont worry! I am 7 days past my BFP and this symptom is still on and off. Think Positive! It really helped me to imagine my little embryos Snuggling in

THANKS, LADIES! I go in for beta tomorrow, and you have restored my hope many days this week. Much love to you all, and best of luck!

Meant to write earlier, that I also had the “boob deflation” :smiley: a few days before my first beta and I was really bummed because that’s always what happens a few days before:af:. And in the last two weeks there have been days when they are much less - although now they’re back with a vengeance and I’m wondering when it will go away (never thought I’d want that…)!

Got my finger’s crossed for you! Let us know what happens!

:babydust::babydust::babydust::babydust: