Taking a break!

Hi,
I am new to the chat room. My husband I have been ttc for 7 years. We had a failed Ivf last year and now we have decided to take a break from it for another year. As it was putting a lot of pressure on our relationship as I’m sure a lot of you can understand.
It seems like everyone around me is falling pregnant easily. People keep telling me to relax and it will happen but this is easier said then done. People who aren’t going through this don’t understand the heart ache it causes. Every month I pray for that little miracle.
We are due to start Ivf again January next year, but I was wondering if anyone has tried any alternative therapy’s that may help In the mean time .

Hi Helen,

If you post/search in the IVF section of “infertility treatments”, you will find a lot of advice about supplements, acupuncture, and the like.

We were in a similar situation as you; I felt really down for a long time, I just couldn’t imagine life without children. Trying to decide how to move forward was paralyzing at times because there just did not seem to be good, affordable solutions that I felt that I could handle emotionally. Ultimately, we decided to adopt and had a wonderful experience. It was so healing. I felt so much better emotionally, took DD for long walks every day, lost weight, and ate healthier. So, when we somewhat spontaneously decided to try IVF one last time, I was in a much better place physically and emotionally. I wasn’t pessimistic at all, it just never occurred to me that it could actually work for us; so I was not stressed or anxious during the cycle at all. And, now we are expecting twins. So, I will go from being childless and in tears daily over the situation to having 3 babies 16 months and under (in a few short months) at age 40. So, take your needed break, but don’t give up. There are many options, and everyone I know who has been in our situation has found a way to be a parent or found peace with the decision to live child free.

I had to not look at social media, declined attending baby showers, and the like for about a year prior to our adoption because it just brought on tears for what we did not have. My friends were very understanding, although it was very isolating at times. Hang in there, things will get better, just don’t give up! Big hugs :grouphug: