Taking time off

Has anyone ever taken time off and been successful when they came back?

Here is my thoughts (as crazy as they are):

I signed up to do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Charlotte, NC in October 2012. I did this knowing I want to be pregnant during this time. I already told the organizers this and they said I can walk as slow or long as I want.

That being said, I am also overweight and need to lose some weight to help with my fertility. I was thinking of taking off 3 months to train hard for the walk and lose some of this extra weight. After that I was thinking of coming back and continuing Clomid (or whatever my RE would like).

This is all dependent on my December cycle of Clomid that I start today.

Any thoughts?

Taking a break is always good. I really need one :frowning: We will be taking a break too after the next cycle, but partly that is due to some financial constraints. Hope we get our :bfp: before the break!
Lots of :babydust: on everyone!

[QUOTE=mychellelynne]Has anyone ever taken time off and been successful when they came back?

Here is my thoughts (as crazy as they are):

I signed up to do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Charlotte, NC in October 2012. I did this knowing I want to be pregnant during this time. I already told the organizers this and they said I can walk as slow or long as I want.

That being said, I am also overweight and need to lose some weight to help with my fertility. I was thinking of taking off 3 months to train hard for the walk and lose some of this extra weight. After that I was thinking of coming back and continuing Clomid (or whatever my RE would like).

This is all dependent on my December cycle of Clomid that I start today.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
BTW mychellelynne, whats the news? got AF as yet? or still waiting like me?

Oh no my AF came in full force on 12/10. It is actually over now and starting Clomid today. This is cycle three for me so a break might be a good idea.

:babydust: to you!

There’s nothing wrong with taking a break, especially if during that break you’ll be doing something productive to help out your fertility.

Last year, I lost 30lbs and at my lowest weight, I had regular periods (with Metformin) and it seemed like my body just magically hormonally aligned. Since then, I’ve gained back 11lbs (as of this AM) and my body is back to being stubborn with no periods, even with Metformin. It’s really amazing to me to see how much weight does affect your body’s overall function. I’m trying to lose those 11lbs and a few more to hopefully help get me back to operating a little more smoothly.

:cross: you’ll get your BFP this month and maybe you’ll be pushing your LO during that October walk. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

I had a gastric bypass in September of 2004. Before I had it…I barly had a period…maybe once or twice a year without BC…more frequently with BCP.

I hadnt had my first period until I was 19…and that was with provera. I did not have a NATURAL period until I was 26 post gastric bypass. It was AMAZING. Once I lost the first 50 pounds, they just came.

I had been engaged to a wonderful man…and we used NO BC for 2 years and nada. I thought I could never have children.

One year after my gastric, I got pregnant twice. The first, did not survive. Then just four months later i got pregnant with my daughter Ella. I never thought 6 years later (and 40 pounds) I would be having the same problems as before.

So, after this month I have to take a break bc Im done with law school and have to take the bar soon and start work. I want to be able to take pregnancy leave and in order to do that…I have to work there a year. But during this break, I am really going to focus on losing weight. I noticed that my thinner friends who have to take clomid, conceive at a higher rate. So hopefully I will lose 40 pounds and be successful