Talked to a psychic...now depressed

I talked to an online psychic, I know, I know bad idea. I believe in psychics, though I’ve no doubt 97% are frauds. Anyway, I talked to this woman who has a pretty solid rating and this is what she told me…

darcimarie: hi there, how are you?
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon: i’m well thanks!
darcimarie: good to hear:)
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: what’s been happening?
darcimarie: Well, I was just kind of hoping if you could tell me if you see children in my near future as ive been trying to concieve.
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: sure, you are married?
darcimarie: no
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: ok that’s what i was wondering .
Sincere Shannon: so you are trying to have a baby on your own?
darcimarie: yes
Sincere Shannon:
darcimarie:
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: ok
darcimarie: Artificial insemination
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: remind me of your first name and birthday?
darcimarie:
darcimarie:
darcimarie: Amy
darcimarie: 03/09/80
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: ok please give me a moment to focus amy
darcimarie: surely
Sincere Shannon:
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: feels like an uphill battle, amy …
darcimarie: joy lol
Sincere Shannon: lol
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: i feel there are moments of excitement and anticipation in your attempts to concieve but ultimately i don’t feel conception in the near future, i’m sorry :frowning:
darcimarie: yep
Sincere Shannon:
darcimarie: oh man.
Sincere Shannon:
darcimarie: at all?
Sincere Shannon: but i’m not God, you know? … so i can definately be wrong … it’s just what i’m seeing and interpreting in the cards here
darcimarie:
darcimarie: true
Sincere Shannon:
darcimarie: what about in the distant future lol
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: i’m not saying "at all"
Sincere Shannon: i’m just saying i dont see it happening in the near future
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: well if i could see the distant future then I would charge alot more money :wink:
Sincere Shannon: i’m not a fortune teller
darcimarie: oh lol
Sincere Shannon:
darcimarie:
darcimarie: ok
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: i give foresight … over the course of months i can see what’s to come …
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: but seeing the end all be all would be God’s job :wink:
darcimarie: thanks anyway:)
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: welcome
darcimarie:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: surely :slight_smile:
darcimarie: take care:)
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon:
Sincere Shannon: you too :slight_smile:
darcimarie:

I can’t shake it. My next IUI is the first week of December and I feel like, do I even bother. I know it’s silly but. Afterward, I read her profile and she’s deeply, deeply religious and while there is nothing wrong with that I wonder if her unwavering belief in the bible might taint her reading because I’m trying to conceive as a single woman with no husband, using donor sperm…

I dunno, arch.

I certainly wouldn’t let this experience stop you from obtaining your dreams. I’d be doing all the treatments that I could. Plenty of us have been told by medical professionals that chances may not be good and end up pregnant.
Good luck to you!

My mom talked to a psychic who said that I would have a baby if I used medical intervention. Nothing so far :frowning:

I bet there was some religious bias in play in your case.

Thanks for the reassurances guys, trying to shake the doom and gloom and it helps.

Ilovemydog-I hope your baby dreams come true sooner than later. I sends you loads of positive thought and prayer.

When we were in New Orleans in August, there were card-readers and fortune-tellers everywhere. My DH and I discussed talking to one or two, just for “fun.” After some additional discussion, we decided not to…mainly because we didn’t want to risk them tellling us something that we didn’t want to hear. Especially, when it could affect our decision-making! Your story just makes me glad I didn’t…

I would move forward, regardless of her reading. Good luck and best wishes!

i wouldn’t put to much stock in her. Once you said you’ve been “trying to conceive” it pretty much gives her a clue that its been difficult, and therefore an expected and obvious answer would be “its going to be an uphill battle” If you talk to another psychic, don’t tell them that your trying to conceive… or anything, and ask them what they see in your near future… make them work for you money :slight_smile:

Thank you guys again so much for making me feel better about things.

Baby dust to you all oh and Godiva congrats on your twins. I hope you have a happy healthy delivery.

[COLOR=“Blue”][FONT=“Comic Sans MS”]I’ve been so tempted to have a reading done but after reading your story, I’m going to skip it. I guess I’d rather have high hopes than battle against what I’ve been told may or may not happen.

Thanks for sharing your story - and I hope you can call her back and tell her she was wrong![/FONT]

Please don’t think too much into what she said. I talked to a couple of psychics before I went through my iui process and they contradicted each other. It’s just meant as a fun thing to do, not to be taken too seriously. Just so you know, my dr, who is very well respected in re, told me I only had a 5% chance of getting pg w/ an iui b/c of my FSH, and my DOR diagnosis. Purely based on scientific statistics, if course. Well, I am now 20 weeks pg w/ a healthy baby girl after my second iui. He originally wanted me to go straight to ivf but I just knew it would work. Just go with your heart and do what’s right for you. Don’t listen to anyone. Whatever is meant to be will be. Good luck to you on your journey!

Thanks darcimarie! I have a 3 month follow-up for my fibroid removal (myomectomy) coming up soon and I’m hoping we can move forward. Lots of luck to you. Congrats mernybird - halfway there!

Godiva and Mernybird

I have a question to you both and anyone else that would like to respond. While you were on your 2ww…did you have any symptoms of being :preg: ?? I’m 6dpiui and 7dphcg and I’m scared to death because I’m NOT having any symptoms at all!! From what i’ve read on this forum…I should be having some symptoms from the hcg trigger shot. But, on the other hand…I don’t ever have any PMS symptoms so I don’t know if I should worry or not.
PLEASE help…

In all my three pregnancies I get nausea and twinges or like small cramping around my belly, when my period is supposed to come I just get pink to light red spotting . Nausea in food that I like and always eat. Super tired and super sleepy.

Darcy,
hi. I was reading your story and i want you to know something. There is a diff btwn psychics and the gift of prophecy. Psychics get their info from the devil. I know bcuz i have been both. But everything the devil told me when i played with those cards turned out to be a lie. The devil planned to distract me from god and it worked. It worked so long cuz i thought the devil was helping me to see my future of fertility. Well i wasted alot of time. I say all this to say keep your eyes on god no matter how hard life gets. If god wants you to have a child you will but if he dont praise god for the blessings that you have. God is trying to get your attention and he will allow stuff to happen to you to get your attention. I lost my baby aft being ttc for 3 yrs,mom, two aunts all within four months. Just last week i said i will keep being mad @ god. He cant take nothing else frm me then a thought of my husband crossed my mind and i got scared. Later that night i was in a accident. It took all of this for me to say god i submit and i never felt better. All things are possible thru god.

Purplelove,
I didnt have symptoms while on progesterone until 4 weeks but we went natural that cycle. Ovidrel did make me feel heartburn and nausea. Im on day 4 of my 2ww natural cycle. I read clomid can stop implantation. I hope thats not true bcuz that would mean the last 2 yrs was a waste possibly.

Its a dangerous thing to do to put faith in psychics and seek their services it can drive you crazy and make you go broke. Its not worth it. The future is unwritten and God is always with the final word. Don’t be discouraged and put behind you whatever she said. Have faith and proceed because all things are possible through God.