Termination for Medical Reasons?

I really don’t know where else to put this - there seems to be a forum for everything except TFMR.

After 36 months of unexplained infertility, I finally got my BFP at the end of September 2012 (Clomid/IUI). I found out I was having a girl at 16 weeks. I happily changed my signature on the forum and started planning for June.

At 17 weeks, I got the diagnosis that my daughter had a serious neural tube defect.

At 18 weeks, we terminated.

Anyone else had to make this heartbreaking decision?

I found a very supportive group on another site, but I’m grieving infertility AND termination AND the loss. Anyone in a similar situation?

We are TTC again this month (just no protection - we are planning on Clomid/IUI next month), and thought I’d pop my head in.

I haven’t been in your circumstance, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for the terrible situation you two had to endure. Sending healing thoughts to you and your family.

I second that Dianna – so sorry for the pain you’re going thru. I wish you peace in all areas of your situation. I pray you get your take home baby soon! Best wishes!